Silver Quarter

Lake Cities Vending

Stopped on the way home today and ran a few machines, have a big day tomorrow. In one of my good locations I pulled $44.75 and found my first Silver Quarter, 1964. I read about some of you guys finding them but never figured I would. They do really stand out in a pile of quarters.

I have noticed a couple over the years.  They seem to be worn down more and the coin counter spits them out since they are slightly smaller.  Who knows how many may have made it through the counter though.

Still waiting to place the crane I got from you. I have a location that said yes but they want me to wait for them to get rid of a projection TV and put in a flat screen to make room. Its a small chinese restaurant. I have a 3 way that does great. I have to get 1 of them out to be able to get to the other 2. Right now I have 2 snack machines, 1 drink machine and 3 cranes in my garage. I think I also have 2 tattoo machines, 4 or 5 vending machines and a 6 way rack out there. Getting crowded. Need to get busy placing machines.

I sold two rolls on ebay last year and got close to 5 bills for them. Silver was high back then. Got another roll and half this past year. I will wait for silver to get back to that 30 dollar a ounce mark again. Then I will sell them.

I sold two rolls on ebay last year and got close to 5 bills for them. Silver was high back then. Got another roll and half this past year. I will wait for silver to get back to that 30 dollar a ounce mark again. Then I will sell them.

Wow, 2 rolls. I was happy finding just 1.

I have been collecting them for about the last 4 years and have about 100 of them. My son goes through the quarters first and we collect them for him to save.

I have been known to throw a couple in when he hasnt found one in a while..It's a fun bonding time....Keep it a secret.

About 20 years ago I had 13 in one machine. I know someone's dad was not happy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I figure I have about 130 silver quarters most collected over the last two years.

I have also found three indian head pennies and a couple buffalo nickels and war nickels.

I have also had a knack for going through change to find wheat pennies.  I have five steel pennies and well over 300 wheat pennies, all of which was free!  Gotta love pure profit.

I could start a coin business of my own soon on top of my vending.

That tears it, I'm changing up my quarter process.

I go thru quite a few quarters and I hardly even look at them. They go from the collection bags to the coin counter, then into a deposit bag. I hardly even see or touch them...

But that's going to stop now.

I'll keep all posted on my quest for silver quarters...

Archived