What machines did I just buy?

RikaKazak

Bought 3 triples from my neighbor for $100, all in decent condition.  Only hiccup is no keys, but luckily I already have 2 keys that work for the machines :D

Question: I tried to look for markings or something to tell me what type of machine I got (want to order a few new canisters and gumball style canisters if they make them) but I don't know the machine I have, lol.

IMG_9133_zps373352d3.jpg

IMG_0666_zps9a2a6c22.jpg

Can I get gumball canisters?  And if so where's the best place to order new canisters for these machines?

1-800 triple. Great machine. I've got a few dozen of them. If you only paid $100 for 3 of them, you got a great deal. Once you get them placed they should pay for themselves pretty quickly. I vend toys out of all of my 1-800 machines with 50 cent coin mechanisms and they do great. If you want to set them up to vend acorn capsules, just let me know and I'll give you some pointers on how to get the machines to dispense them reliably. I've had more misvends with my Northwesterns and Oaks vending acorn caps than I have with the 1-800 machines.

Thanks guys :D

I thought they might be 1800 (did some google searches) but I never saw them with that bottom plastic candy catcher, so wasn't sure.

You know Rik - most people ask these questions BEFORE they buy said machine  :blink:

You know Rik - most people ask these questions BEFORE they buy said machine  :blink:

LOL...true ;)

I'm sort of a gambler at heart ;)  Couldn't pass up $33 all metal machines, figured I'd make it work out somehow ;)

Anyone know of a good online site to buy the canisters new and cheap?

LOL...true ;)

I'm sort of a gambler at heart ;)  Couldn't pass up $33 all metal machines, figured I'd make it work out somehow ;)

Anyone know of a good online site to buy the canisters new and cheap?

Try gumballmachinefactory.com. They sell parts for the LYPC machines, which are pretty much identical to 1-800 machines and the parts interchange. I've purchased several of the gumball pods from them for my 1-800 machines to get the gumball wheels (they don't sell just wheels, you have to buy the wheels with the pods).

Here's a link: http://www.gumballmachinefactory.com/product/triple_Pod_parts.html

Try gumballmachinefactory.com. They sell parts for the LYPC machines, which are pretty much identical to 1-800 machines and the parts interchange. I've purchased several of the gumball pods from them for my 1-800 machines to get the gumball wheels (they don't sell just wheels, you have to buy the wheels with the pods).

Here's a link: http://www.gumballmachinefactory.com/product/triple_Pod_parts.html

Any other place for the parts? That site seems very proud of them.

IMHO the best built and most reliable triple head ever made. Never had any problems at all with these machines. The 1-800 machines are no longer made as well as parts. I would look on eBay for used parts as they come avaiable occasionally.

Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't looked very hard. I only needed about 10 of them. After the first 3 I bought at full price with the pods, I asked one of the sales guys if there was any possibility of buying the wheels without the pods and they made me a deal. They sold me 10 wheels without pods at around $12 each if I remember right. I was happy enough with that deal that I didn't shop around.

IMHO there are better ways and ultimately more successful ways to build a biz than with machines that are no longer manufactured

I didn't just randomly do it though.

1.) Got a good price before I bought them (I mean, even a n00b like me knew they were high quality machines, I just didn't know which exact machines they were)

2.) I also sort of stumbled into vending because I enjoy the machines myself.  I keep numerous machines in my basement just for my own fun.  So even if these machines didn't work out as a "business" opportunity, I was more then happy to just keep them for myself for fun.

I get your point though, just randomly doing things isn't a good way to build a business.  Part of my humor didn't come across I guess.

I have searched high and low for extra parts for my 1800s.

http://www.gumballma..._Pod_parts.html is what I finally went with.

I would like to add if a part is not listed that you need. Give them a call and they will try to accommodate you.

If you stick with buying Oak, Eagle, A&A, NW etc. you will be getting quality machines at a reasonable price and and replacement parts will be available.

Thanks for the input.  I appreciate it when people who know a LOT more then me are willing to take the time and help me out.  Especially when they do it for free ;) hehe :D

Archived