Brand New Route

MalatestaDX

Hello   fellow vendors,   I need advice.   I am starting a brand new route with 50  oak doubles  ,using a local charity, and commission on racks,  I want to vend gum, candy and 1"  capsules,  my budget is $ 10,000    I will buy 10 doubles oak vista cabinet, then build as I go with 4way step racks, ( I am a property manager and have a virtual office, which allows me  freedom ), basically  50 cent capsules, 25 cent gum, candy.  Years ago, I had  a  route with 100 oak doubles, candy and gum, it did very well, but that was 10 years ago.   Thank you in advance for any advice or comments.   Dixie   Vending  Service, Florida  

$10,000 is a lot of money to get at the most 50 locations. I'd be looking for some used machines if you've got $10,000. Maybe only buy 10 or 15 doubles and use them as "scouts" to find good locations that could support a bigger rack and then use the remainder of your money to replace the doubles with racks and relocate the doubles to new locations, and keep repeating that process.

With 10k you can purchase bulk routes totaling $25,000 annual gross easily.  $35-$40k annual if you took your time and shopped smart.  

Buying brand new equipment and locating would probably be the least efficient way to invest the money.  But there's more than one way to skin a cat so best of luck and don't be a stranger DX!

Thank you, I will take your good advice and go to craigslist First

I agree dont drop your 10 grand in one shot pace it out start with 10 or 15. But it sounds to me like your wanting to build a first class business. I would NOT buy from Craig's list to build it. Pick a mfg and buy direct that way all your machines are uniform and look great. You can even pick colors and options. On the net you will get a lot of junk and build a Frankenstein route.

I agree dont drop your 10 grand in one shot pace it out start with 10 or 15. But it sounds to me like your wanting to build a first class business. I would NOT buy from Craig's list to build it. Pick a mfg and buy direct that way all your machines are uniform and look great. You can even pick colors and options. On the net you will get a lot of junk and build a Frankenstein route.

Another way to look at it:

You can have uniform machines later.  You buy the "Frankenstein route" for the locations - not the machines.  If you buy a route grossing 25K annually, you've recouped your 10k in a year and can reinvest in new equipment.  

For charity I would go with the Oak Vista Cabinet also. You are in Florida so I would buy metalcraft stands, google Metalcraft Vending Stands, super cheap by the 100

Dont buy junk you will regret it if you really grow into a big operator.

Archived