What's wrong with me?

The Mage

I keep attempting to debate with people on the comments section of YouTube.

4 months ago somebody made a comment about how Karl Marx predicted this "Capitalist crisis."  I posted a little response, but somebody found it, and responded a few days ago.

He made comments about Capitalists, so I responded, and then his definition of a Capitalist changed, then again, and finally he mad the statement that it was "scientifically confirmed that Capitalists are not real people."

Unfortunately this is not my first foray into this.

A couple of months ago I ran into a video by a person who was attempting to teach people how the stock market works, and how Warren Buffet got rich.  Problem is I am not sure anything he said is correct, and bordered on Libel.

This guy posted so many comments in response to mine that I am thinking he did this mostly to push mine off the page under his video.

I have actually stopped myself from posting at least a dozen times, even erasing my comments so I don't start engaging these people in the most inane form of debate.

The only thing I have gained from these debates is the ability to edit and reword comments down to 500 characters, and having gained the knowledge that you can't say anything meaningful in 500 characters.  

Your ok. You just forgot that you tube (like 99.999% of the net is about entertainment) . Once upon a time people worked hard, studied, thought, and strived to master a craft or way of life. Our neighbors were master craftsmen, master chefs, maybe master Masons. Now we are surrounded by masterbators.

I keep attempting to debate with people on the comments section of YouTube.

4 months ago somebody made a comment about how Karl Marx predicted this "Capitalist crisis."  I posted a little response, but somebody found it, and responded a few days ago.

He made comments about Capitalists, so I responded, and then his definition of a Capitalist changed, then again, and finally he mad the statement that it was "scientifically confirmed that Capitalists are not real people."

Unfortunately this is not my first foray into this.

A couple of months ago I ran into a video by a person who was attempting to teach people how the stock market works, and how Warren Buffet got rich.  Problem is I am not sure anything he said is correct, and bordered on Libel.

This guy posted so many comments in response to mine that I am thinking he did this mostly to push mine off the page under his video.

I have actually stopped myself from posting at least a dozen times, even erasing my comments so I don't start engaging these people in the most inane form of debate.

The only thing I have gained from these debates is the ability to edit and reword comments down to 500 characters, and having gained the knowledge that you can't say anything meaningful in 500 characters.  

Sounds like you're "lookin' for love in all the wrong places"  ;D

You are going about things the wrong way.

Looking for an intelligent debate on YouTube is bound to end in disappointment.

You don't go to Arby's expecting to be served a world class filet mignon do you?

Would be nice if they offered it.

I'm not looking for intelligent debate, but like I said, it is hard not to comment, or respond.  Honestly I have deleted a potential post in the Obamacare discussion here a couple of times. I start, then decide I don't want to get involved in a debate, as it will take up too much time.  (Almost every time I debate, I end up with 20+ open tabs researching and backing up everything I am saying.)  And I must respond.

Sounds like you're "lookin' for love in all the wrong places"  ;D

I was in junior high when that song came out.  But I preferred My Sharona.  

your problem is you are not looking for the government to give you a handout.

Oh crap, you're right.  This is a disability, and because of that I should be getting a monthly stipend of money, food, and stress relieving marijuana.

Would be nice if they offered it.

I'm not looking for intelligent debate, but like I said, it is hard not to comment, or respond.  Honestly I have deleted a potential post in the Obamacare discussion here a couple of times. I start, then decide I don't want to get involved in a debate, as it will take up too much time.  (Almost every time I debate, I end up with 20+ open tabs researching and backing up everything I am saying.)  And I must respond.

I was in junior high when that song came out.  But I preferred My Sharona.  

The Knack - one album wonders !

All together now...

"My My My My My wooooooooo"!

When I was a kid, I listened to this song on my record, backwards, and actually started memorizing it.  Still to this day I can sing one verse backwards.

Sounds like Russian.

You roll the rr, but just once, and the capitalized words must be sang more aggressively, and cut off abruptly.

Eye yi yi yi

Yahmee, yahmee yahmee yahmee

Iss siss sahss siss TAH

Ah stim WAH

Arr ee eastah VWAH

Arr ee estah VEE

Estah VEE

Anorr she AM

Admittedly this could be incorrect, but that's what I remember.

By the way, I am now feeling perfectly normal, and in no way think anything is wrong with me.

When I was a kid, I listened to this song on my record, backwards, and actually started memorizing it.  Still to this day I can sing one verse backwards.

Sounds like Russian.

By the way, I am now feeling perfectly normal, and in no way think anything is wrong with me.

Cool!  I have to admit that backwards lyrics is something I never really thought about.  Definitely an interesting twist.  And maybe a new trend at the lyrics club.

Glad to see you are back to normal, Mage.  If singing "My Sharona" backwards helps you achieve normalcy, then more power to you my friend!  I always believed that there is power in lyrics (forward or backward) and there are lyrics for most of life's situations.

But what is "Normalcy"?  I suspect it is relative.  But let's save that debate for another time.  Would make a good topic for Morgan Freeman's "Through the Wormhole" show.  He recently had a show about "Nothing".  It concluded that nothing is really something!  Again, a debate for another time.

Take care Mage and keep on keepin' on with those provocative topics!

Cool!  I have to admit that backwards lyrics is something I never really thought about.  Definitely an interesting twist.  And maybe a new trend at the lyrics club.

Glad to see you are back to normal, Mage.  If singing "My Sharona" backwards helps you achieve normalcy, then more power to you my friend!  I always believed that there is power in lyrics (forward or backward) and there are lyrics for most of life's situations.

But what is "Normalcy"?  I suspect it is relative.  But let's save that debate for another time.  Would make a good topic for Morgan Freeman's "Through the Wormhole" show.  He recently had a show about "Nothing".  It concluded that nothing is really something!  Again, a debate for another time.

Take care Mage and keep on keepin' on with those provocative topics!

I've seen normal, and normal scares me.

I don't want to be "one of them".

Just a walk through WalMart is motivation.

The "nothing" usually talked about is the fabric of space.  One theory was that it was bumpy or frothy at the lowest level, but that was recently disproved by observing a light photon, and gama ray photon.  It is theorized that if we could tap the fabric of space that it could produce more energy then anything else. Energy from "nothing".

Not sure if they discussed that in Wormhole.  I like the show, but I have seen so many science programs that they kind of blend together.

Cranberry sauce.

I've seen normal, and normal scares me.

I don't want to be "one of them".

Just a walk through WalMart is motivation.

The "nothing" usually talked about is the fabric of space.  One theory was that it was bumpy or frothy at the lowest level, but that was recently disproved by observing a light photon, and gama ray photon.  It is theorized that if we could tap the fabric of space that it could produce more energy then anything else. Energy from "nothing".

Not sure if they discussed that in Wormhole.  I like the show, but I have seen so many science programs that they kind of blend together.

Cranberry sauce.

Well, IMHO "normal" is relative and needs a starting base line.  So if the starting base line is decent, "normal" is not always so bad.

Yea, those Wal-Martians can be scary!  I hate the ones that have 50 items and check out in the 20 items or less lane.  And I am right behind them with 2 items (usually spray paint for stands)!

Yes, they discussed the energy potential of "nothing".  Also heard on one of those science shows that time and space are linked.  So the fabric is really space-time.  The Big Bang created both space AND time.  Before the Big Bang there was neither space nor time.  Ever hear that?

Pumpkins

Well, IMHO "normal" is relative and needs a starting base line.  So if the starting base line is decent, "normal" is not always so bad.

Yea, those Wal-Martians can be scary!  I hate the ones that have 50 items and check out in the 20 items or less lane.  And I am right behind them with 2 items (usually spray paint for stands)!

Yes, they discussed the energy potential of "nothing".  Also heard on one of those science shows that time and space are linked.  So the fabric is really space-time.  The Big Bang created both space AND time.  Before the Big Bang there was neither space nor time.  Ever hear that?

Pumpkins

Time and space are technically the same thing, according to Einstein.  So far, all research has supported what he has said.  (Then again, if it didn't, they would have to throw it out.)

Some theories state that the Big Bang created time, while others say it is outside our Universe, meaning that it wasn't created in the Big Bang.

There are also theories about whether there really even was a Big Bang.  One is an oscillating Universe, where it eventually contracts, but doesn't quite make it to Big Bang stage, but gets very compressed and hot, and again expands back out.

One of the M theories has us living on what they call a Membrane, and when 2 Membranes collide, it causes both membranes to fill up with energy, resulting in what we refer to as the Big Bang.  Then after Trillions of years that energy runs out, all mater effectively vanishes, and the Universe really dissolves leaving only the Membrane. This may attract the Membranes together, causing the collision, which once again triggers the creation of a new Universe, or two.

I kind of like this theory, though then I wonder were the Membranes came from.

Another is that Universes begat Universes, and because all this occurs outside of space/time, our Universe could have lead to it's own creation.  Maybe through the creation of Millions of other Universes.

Archived