Rowe 4900 - Good deal?

Refurb'd.  $995 with free shipping.

15 day money back return policy.

Is this a good deal?

Going into a slower volume location for me.......but one day will probably move to higher volume location.

Great old machine but the keyword here is "old" - parts will be hard to get and you'll never upgrade it to Mdb and Dex.  About twice what I'd pay for one if I were going to buy it - the keyword here being "if"  ;D

Only because you could be buying a bunch of problems that can't be fixed by the seller locally I'd stay away from it. Are you having trouble finding snack machines locally? If you can buy locally then you're more likely to get a good mach because they have to look you in the eye. Here, there are plenty of old Rowe mach to get parts off of, but especially if this would be your only Rowe you should skip it in favor of something you're familiar with.

Only because you could be buying a bunch of problems that can't be fixed by the seller locally I'd stay away from it. Are you having trouble finding snack machines locally? If you can buy locally then you're more likely to get a good mach because they have to look you in the eye. Here, there are plenty of old Rowe mach to get parts off of, but especially if this would be your only Rowe you should skip it in favor of something you're familiar with.

Locally it has been a bit difficult to find affordable reliable equipment.  Buying new isn't my preference, though it's how I got started.  The location I'm trying to upgrade doesn't warrant new.....but deserves better than an Antares.  Now that it's winter, I can't justify putting much more than a $995 machine in the location.  Probably should dump the location......but I hang on.  It's easy to service and it's zero commission.

Locally it has been a bit difficult to find affordable reliable equipment.  Buying new isn't my preference, though it's how I got started.  The location I'm trying to upgrade doesn't warrant new.....but deserves better than an Antares.  Now that it's winter, I can't justify putting much more than a $995 machine in the location.  Probably should dump the location......but I hang on.  It's easy to service and it's zero commission.

Try pinging Walta, rmorris or maybe Jerry1973 - none of them sell machines but they might know of some sitting around and Roger's got the means to transport them.  I'd be looking for an AP7600, 113 or National 147.  VE sells all the parts for these and you can even upgrade them downstream with the Revision Doors.  The Rowe was a very well made machine but you'll be locking yourself into permanent obsolescence with them.  You should be able to get a nice machine in your price range.

Never have been a fan of Rowe........ AP is my choice of older vendors........ AP 112 and 113's are my favorites.

Good AP 112 or 113 should run between $800 to $1200. That isn't refurbed but field ready. Normally tuffronts and not beat up. They can be upgraded to mdb for $150.

$995 is way to much for a Rowe.

Just my 2 cents 

Archived