changing spirals

wbuffett

hey guys,

I just got a new acct and they want to have some noodle bowls and microwavable type lunch items.  I think that ill need to add a couple 6 ct spirals for the noodle bowls.  Ive never changed these out.  any instructions?  the machine is a usi mercato 2000.

thanks

To remove the spirals, you will pull the shelf out, tilt it into a loading position and remove the plastic cover running the length of the motors.  You will have to slide the cover forward to release it from the shelf.  Now slightly lift the motor you want to change the spiral on and pull the grey plastic spiral retainer from the motor.  The spiral retainer is snapped onto the rear of the spiral and it can be removed and installed on your new spiral.  Use caution when removing and installing the retainer as the spokes can be snapped off easily.  Slightly lift the motor again, align the spiral in the rotational position you want it in and slide the spiral retainer into the motor, then slide the motor down into the shelf to secure the retainer.  Pull on the spiral to ensure it is secure.  Replace the motor cover by sliding the cover toward the back of the machine and it will snap into place. 

If you need spirals or any retainers you can PM me and I can send you some.

The Cup o' Noodles vend very well with the 6 pitch coils - I have them in one machine and and they move at the rate of a case a month at 75 cents a pop with a cost of goods at 25 cents each.

• 2 weeks later...

I put mine in vertically they feel goofy but always vend. I wish i would have priced higher originally because they sell out twice as fast as anything else because there are only six and I don't Want to dedicate two rows. I am also vending starkist tuna lunch things, they don't sell well.

thanks everyone especially for the video.  Moondog, you use the 6 count coil?  I ordered some from usi and the cup o'noodles (standard 2.25oz) doesnt fit.  do you put them in vertically?

Yep - but I've got them in an AP7600 - stacked vertically and I use two rows to keep them from selling out

I put mine in vertically they feel goofy but always vend. I wish i would have priced higher originally because they sell out twice as fast as anything else because there are only six and I don't Want to dedicate two rows. I am also vending starkist tuna lunch things, they don't sell well.

Yea does tuna lunch kits don't sell well at work either, just sit in machine. $2.75 a kit.

I run the cup of noodles in both AP 6600's and USI 3014A/3015A's on six count coils.  Priced them at $1 due to the space they take up - they are selling great now that the weather is colder.  No one has complained about markup but if they do I plan to explain that six of them take up the space of 10-15 items so they need to be priced accordingly.

I go with them laying on their side, alternating the fatter top end to the left and to the right in each space.  Works really well, only thing is to be careful that you don't get the cardboard looped over the spiral in the front (easy to see) or the back (tougher to see) of the box.

Travis, I can send you the spirals if you still need some.  The 6 count spirals will be 12.50 each.  You will also need a spiral hub for each spiral and they are 1.25 each.  The newer spirals don't have built in hubs like your AP435 spirals do so you will need the hubs.  Send me a PM if you need them and let me know how many.

• 2 weeks later...

Travis, I can send you the spirals if you still need some.  The 6 count spirals will be 12.50 each.  You will also need a spiral hub for each spiral and they are 1.25 each.  The newer spirals don't have built in hubs like your AP435 spirals do so you will need the hubs.  Send me a PM if you need them and let me know how many.

PM sent, thanks.

Archived