Can I vend Energy Drinks in the DN276?

If you are going to change from 12 oz to 16.9 oz cans you will have no problems.  You will only need to adjust the motor cam for one notch which equals one product deep in the column (for a narrow column) or two notches on a wide column motor cam which will vend one can deep from each side of the column.  Then you will need to adjust the rear spacer in the column to give you one finger width of space between the front of the can and the sold out paddle when your cans are pushed back against the rear spacer.  Set the rear spacer in the same position top and bottom, right and left.  Be aware that the spacer adjusters will protrude into the adjacent columns and possibly damage cans in those columns.  If that happens,  a couple of layers of duct tape over the protrusions will protect the cans.

If you are asking about 8.4 oz Red Bull, etc., you can't use them in a standard DN276, but if your machine is an E model there is a kit for that.

Hey guys. Can I possibly vend energy drinks out of a standard Dixie Narco 276? Do I need shims or something? How hard is this to do?? Thanks!

What drinks exactly do you want to vend?

What size are the cans? 16 oz?

Is the machine single or multi price? 276 vs 276e?

How much do you want to sell the energy drinks for?

I don't think Red Bull is available in 12 oz. and if it is the price is probably really high.  You can easily do the 16 oz cans by setting the cam to one product deep (one notch) and setting the rear spacer to the same as I described above.  Keep in mind that this must be a multi-price machine so you can sell this product at the higher price than everything else.  If you can get the Red Bull in 12 oz and the cans are the same size as soda cans, then you can replace any can selection with the Red Bull, but I think any can from them will be a weird size.

So is it a 276e?

What is it set to vend currently?

276E yes. Just pop only. All 12 oz cans for $1.00

I don't think Red Bull is available in 12 oz. and if it is the price is probably really high.  You can easily do the 16 oz cans by setting the cam to one product deep (one notch) and setting the rear spacer to the same as I described above.  Keep in mind that this must be a multi-price machine so you can sell this product at the higher price than everything else.  If you can get the Red Bull in 12 oz and the cans are the same size as soda cans, then you can replace any can selection with the Red Bull, but I think any can from them will be a weird size.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/red-bull-energy-drink-24-pk-12-oz-cans/177990.ip?navAction=

They do sell Redbull in 12 ounce cans. But they are thin, and slender. It would be easier to do the 16 oz energy drinks then huh? 

I wanna vend some 12 oz redbull, 16 oz monster, or maybe 16 oz Rockstar, whatever is easier. 

The machine is multi-price for sure.

I would sell the energy drinks for $2.75-$3.00. 

Your projected prices are a bit high for these - they usually go for $2.50 max and people know this.  Some of them can tell you the price of Monsters everywhere within a half mile of your machine.

Personally I wouldny mess with Red Bull.

16oz cans will work in a 276e. You will have to play with the cam settings but should be able to get them to work two deep. You may even be able get them to work 3 deep, which is what I am currently doing with my 501E's, which if I am correct is the same depth machine as a 276e

Stupid tab!et..... having to repost

Hey guys. Can I possibly vend energy drinks out of a standard Dixie Narco 276? Do I need shims or something? How hard is this to do?? Thanks!

Go on dixie narco website look for the link for "package setup guide" put in ur machine model # and select the drink type and bottle size it will give u precise directions on how to set the machine and any shims u might need

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

The 11 oz Starbucks require (narrow column only) one can shim which you will have already if you were vending 12 oz soda already, two rods and springs, one red tube for one rod and one white tube for the other rod.   This product won't vend from a wide column.

16 oz cans require a bottle shim and one rod and spring for a narrow columns.  For a wide column you will need 8 total short black shims, 4 for each side of the wide column.

If you need any of these parts you can PM me for information as I have them in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent. How do the Starbucks double shots sell for you? Retail price? Shelf life?

They suck for several reasons. 

1. I can't get them for a decent price so I can't sell them at a competitive price with the local convenience store.  (They sell them for $2.00 each)

2. I can't find a label for them so I had to use a hand written label.

3. They taste crappy (in my opinion).  Luckily they only come 12 to a case.

4. The person who specifically asked for them hasn't bought 1 in over a month

I already tried RockStar

gallery_6992_149_812453.jpg

& it just didn't sell so since I already had the machine set up to vend 16oz energy drinks & the person who called me to have me put the machine in asked me for them, I thought I would try them out. 

This machine is in an apartment complex where a lot of children use the machine & buy orange frequently, so I am going to pull them & put in either strawberry or grape.

The 11 oz Starbucks require (narrow column only) one can shim which you will have already if you were vending 12 oz soda already, two rods and springs, one red tube for one rod and one white tube for the other rod.   This product won't vend from a wide column.

16 oz cans require a bottle shim and one rod and spring for a narrow columns.  For a wide column you will need 8 total short black shims, 4 for each side of the wide column.

If you need any of these parts you can PM me for information as I have them in stock.

Actually you use the same shim & rod you do for 12 oz cans since a 16oz can is the same diameter.  The only extra things you have to do are to move the back spacer all the way to the back of the machine & adjust the price.

gallery_6992_149_222796.jpg

As far as energy drinks go my advice from personal experience is to avoid selling them unless you like to drink them yourself.  I have tried them several times at several different locations & haven't had much success.  Don't get me wrong... I am not saying that you won't be able to sell them anywhere at all I am just saying be prepared for a lot of trial & error, (I have a couple of locations where they are selling) before you find a place where they actually sell.

My advise would be not to sell them unless you have several people asking for them or you see a lot of people at the location drinking them already.  You would probably be better off selling another flavor of regular soda or doubling up on your best seller so that you don't have to fill the machine as often.

If you're going to go the energy drink route, I would agree that Monster is the best. Having said that, I wish I had never gone that route. The cheapest I can buy them for is $1.25 a can, and the grocery stores sell them for $1.50. I move 1-2 cases a month at $2.00 a can. That's not the worst part though. Instead of capturing someone else's market share, I've shot myself in the foot. My Mt. Dew sales had slumped in that location.

Archived