Identify and Value please

jerry1973

That looks like it is a National 157 snack since it has the Surevend on it.  It looks to be in good shape and if it is location-ready $1000 would not be a horrible price to pay.  Naturally you might be able to negotiate something less, especially if you deem it needing some work such as cleaning all the shelves and possibly rebuilding the validator or coin mech.  In any case, it would be a good machine to use.

Hi everyone, there is a snack machine that I might be interested in (if the price is right). Please help me Identify this machine and let me know what you would think a good price would be

http://joplin.craigslist.org/for/4214442589.html

I see its a crane machine with a mei validator.

Very good deal - somebody on here from your neck of the woods was just looking at a Rowe for about the same price, so you might want to move on this if machines are that scarce in your area.

I called him and he said it was a 167, and said that it was in a school teachers lounge and has been very low volume. He said that he has had it personally sitting for a year and said it looks absolutely like new, with price labels, manual and other things in the bottom. Said he would take $800 for it. I think i'm going to have to grab it up!! Thanks for the responses guys.

I have the same question but it is about this machine...

Maybe too good of a deal?

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/for/4224788290.html

This would be my first machine so please take that into account.

I would like to start with cans and then branch out once I get an idea of what it takes.

Thanks

A very good deal if the compressor is working properly - have the guy plug it in before you get there so you can see if there is extreme ice build up (frost is okay).  Looks to be a Dixie 501, a decent multipriced machine that normally goes for north of $800.  You can have the bill acceptor refurbished for less than $100.

This is a DN E-model machine and is a very good machine to get, especially if it works properly and is complete.  You can easily run all cans in this machine and as moondog stated, have him plug it in two hours before you see it so you can verify that the machine is cooling and there is no frost showing on the evaporator under the delivery chute.  It is three cans or two bottles deep, as it was designed to accommodate bottles.  The validator that he says doesn't work is a Coinco BA30B validator and is rebuildable and you should also plan on rebuilding the coin mech as well since it's been in a barn for so long.  Because it's in a barn plan on hosing is out really well (not the inside of the door) because it will probably have bugs and spiders throughout it.  The coin return button is yellowed so it should be replaced as should all the handwritten flavor strips. 

You can PM me for any parts you might need as I stock anything you have to replace on this machine.

If he can put a thermometer or a bottle of water or soda in it you can then test the temperature yourself with your mouth or read the thermometer.  The temperature should be at 35-38 deg when the compressor first turns off and it should turn back on between 42-44 deg. 

If the compressor is properly charged you should find, when the compressor is running, a frost line on the exposed 1/4" tubing between the top right corner of the evaporator down to the 1/8" capillary tube leading to the evaporator.  This is a distance of 2-3" of 1/4" line that will frost up when the freon charge is pretty close to correct.  If you see frost on the fins of the evaporator, growing from the top left corner across the top of the evaporator toward the left, it might be low on freon.  However, if you have high humidity you could have more frost than normal.

If that was within 200 miles of me, I would already be cleaning it in my garage and this topic would be mute.  Go get that bad boy!

if your talking about the crane snack machine, its already mine sorry!!

if your talking about the soda machine, I would do the same without hesitation!! $100 is an outrageously low price for a 501e

It's definitely worth a look, especially at that price.  They either don't know the value of the machine or they know it's in real rough condition.  Even at $100 it's a steal just for the value of the parts, but for that price you can afford to fix it up.

Hopefully I get an email from them today and ill see if I can get it, also is this a 276e?

Tough to see http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/4198242263.html

This is an earlier DN276 single price machine.  A very good price if it cools.  It has no validator so you will need that plus a harness (perhaps a coin mech too if it doesn't have a validator pigtail on it) and a lock.  Note that you will have to take it up 6 steps to get it out of the building. 

Hopefully I get an email from them today and ill see if I can get it, also is this a 276e?

Tough to see http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/4198242263.html

You'll need somebody with a stair climber to get this out (or three Samoans ;D ) - figure at least $100.  If it is a 276e, it's multi priced and a highly sought after machine due to it's small footprint.  If it's single priced it's still a good machine for 12 oz cans but I would lean toward a larger machine unless you really need that size.

You should get that DN276.  You should be able to get it up those stairs with three people to help you. 

This DN440 is way too expensive for a machine that you don't even know if it's location ready.  I sell single price machines for $700 but only after they are refurbished and made location ready.  This is one of those CL people that want to get their original investment out of a machine and don't believe that any machine will depreciate.  I wouldn't do more than $400 and then it better be one sharp machine.

PS:  I just noticed it has a Mars VFM validator so it will need to be upgraded, so factor that in too.

I'm not getting much luck with replys but what about this one I think the model number is 168m? There's a pic http://eugene.craigslist.org/for/4196367856.html

That's a cool looking machine and very rare - I've never seen a late model Pepsi version before.  Any DN machine will generally be a good machine as will this one, but the capacity is very low so it could only be used in a small location or you will be filling it too often.  You will notice that it doesn't have a validator on it because there's no place to put one without cutting a hole in the sign.

Future vendor, I left you a pm but wanted to make sure you got it. I have two 600e that I would sell for 600 each. Both working great and I'm just north of you. I know they are better than all of those that you have posted. Let me know.

Alright ill think about it thanks for the offer, any reason for selling? And do you have a CL link I can find? I think I saw them on the VD classifieds ill try and find it again.

Archived