Several listings on my local Craigs List. Your Thoughts?

jwrogers21

Here are a few postings I saw. What are your guys thoughts/Questions about these? What should I question when I see these postings?

http://louisville.craigslist.org/bfs/4152617605.html

http://louisville.craigslist.org/bar/4184695205.html

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bfs/4241061018.html

If it is profitable, why would someone sell their accounts/route? Thats one of the first questions I ask myself.

WILL SELL ALL MACHINES, PRODUCT, EXTRA PARTS AND TRUCK FOR $6000.00

MACHINES: (all machines have bill acceptors and coin changes)

Automatic Products Snack Shop Model# 7600---$900.00
Dixie Narco Model# DNCB 501R (Gatorade)---$1300.00
Royal Model# RVCD448-8 (Sam's Cola)---$1000.00
Crane National Vendor Model# 148---$1000.00
Dixie Narco Model# DNCB 180CC(MINI)---$800.00
USI Model# 3053(Lance)---$1000.00
Automatic Products Snack Shop Model# 113---SOLD
Polyvend Model# PV 6640 (needs work but still works and is making money)---$300.00

TRUCK:
1987 Chevy C-10 long bed with a headache rack and diamond plate reinforced bed and TOMMY GATE lift gate. Automatic, new exhaust, 160K miles, very clean, brand new cd player.
$3000.00

This listing is of a variety of machines.  Pic one is the DN180 and USI 3053, both good machines. Other pics are the DN501R Gatorade 3 cans deep, bottles iffy, Royal RV448 2 cans deep, Polyvend 6640 lowest value machine because it's obsolete, AP7600 and Crane 148 are the most valuable, the truck is not worth $3000 - it's from 1987! but will work for moving machines unless the Tommy Lift doesn't have a flip out extension.  If you figure the truck is worth $2K tops, then the 7 machines for $4K is $571 per machine. 

Your second listing is is an unknown machine without photos or model number.

The third listing is a good price for a complete working DN501E, if it truly is.

When there is an R after the DN model number it indicates that the door was made for Gatorade or Veryfine, not a bottler door or a generic door.  C or CC is for a Coke door, M is for a Pepsi flat front Magnum door and MC is for a Pepsi bubble front Magnum door.  Magnum indicates the small 2x3 buttons that run top to bottom.  These letters will replace the T in a 501, 588 or 600 model and will be added to any other model numbers on non-triple depth machines.  When the E model came out, DN dropped the letter designations and just used the E to indicate Extended Cabinet which was designed for 20 oz bottles, two deep.

I would consider the 501e ,price is good if its working rite.

The truck isw junk my truck was 3k for an 01 w the same gate, u can put the diamond plate and rack in urself

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

WILL SELL ALL MACHINES, PRODUCT, EXTRA PARTS AND TRUCK FOR $6000.00

MACHINES: (all machines have bill acceptors and coin changes)

Automatic Products Snack Shop Model# 7600---$900.00

Dixie Narco Model# DNCB 501R (Gatorade)---$1300.00

Royal Model# RVCD448-8 (Sam's Cola)---$1000.00

Crane National Vendor Model# 148---$1000.00

Dixie Narco Model# DNCB 180CC(MINI)---$800.00

USI Model# 3053(Lance)---$1000.00

Automatic Products Snack Shop Model# 113---SOLD

Polyvend Model# PV 6640 (needs work but still works and is making money)---$300.00

TRUCK:

1987 Chevy C-10 long bed with a headache rack and diamond plate reinforced bed and TOMMY GATE lift gate. Automatic, new exhaust, 160K miles, very clean, brand new cd player.

$3000.00

This listing is of a variety of machines.  Pic one is the DN180 and USI 3053, both good machines. Other pics are the DN501R Gatorade 3 cans deep, bottles iffy, Royal RV448 2 cans deep, Polyvend 6640 lowest value machine because it's obsolete, AP7600 and Crane 148 are the most valuable, the truck is not worth $3000 - it's from 1987! but will work for moving machines unless the Tommy Lift doesn't have a flip out extension.  If you figure the truck is worth $2K tops, then the 7 machines for $4K is $571 per machine. 

Your second listing is is an unknown machine without photos or model number.

The third listing is a good price for a complete working DN501E, if it truly is.

And since when did new Dixies cost $1,700 ?  :blink:

Also the other question is why would someone sell their accounts/machines if it is supposed to be profitable?

Generally most accts/routes for sale are duds. U are correct, however sometimes accts for sale can make sense. Established companies want to pull out of an area because their cost to service has become too high, but the area may be closer to you. smaller operator has become bored or overextended ,forced relocation,etc...

Some loc may not be profitable for one operator but maybe for another ..eg some guy assumes vending is get rich quick,etc.. installs new equipment, suddenly is buried under stale product, and realizes it takes work they may sell at a tremendous loss, where the acct may be ok for an established operator

All that said, 99% of routes for sale are bad deals and not the bestway to start in vending. Look at every deal carefully and don't be afraid to offer pennies on the dollar on what they're asking. Don't be afraid to WALK AWAY

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Archived