Shipping a fullsize snack machine..how?!

Ok..I bought this off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USI-SNACK-MACHINE-/141145405832?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20dcebf988

This was discussed a few days ago about moving it.. My goal was to take my toolbox off my truck install some tie downs on the bed and drive the three hours one way and pick it up slide it in the truck tie it in and drive it 3 hours back home this coming Saturday..

WELL - plans changed and I got smarter lol! I sat down and thought about all the money Id be spending for gas, food (especially since Im taking the daughter and girlfriend LOL).. and all that..I figured Id just have it shipped to my uncles door..he owns a  commercial building with no loading dock.. so I called the seller (VERY VERY NICE GUY) and told him Id much rather have it shipped..he said for $50.00 he will palletize it and wrap it to be shipped and ready to go..BUT I have to arrange the shipping...he said that the truck that comes will need a liftgate as he doesnt have a loading dock either at his location..

So my next question.. HOW do I get this machine shipped? Ebay has a freight shipping option calculator that says shipping from him to me (commercial address with no loading dock) is

$238.86 and says All prices include any packaging and handling fees charged by the seller.So If i choose the shipping on ebay will I pay the palleting fee to him or will the shipping company pay it?

Im very lost..whats the easiest way to do this? Thanks! Sorry if this is all confusing..

Why not make it a day trip with the family?  My wife loves it when I have to do a service call out of town and she goes whenever she can.  We do some sightseeing while we're there, then come home.

If you ship it, you can check online with freightquote.com.  You will have to know the weight and dimensions.  You can get that info from the machine manual and add weight for the pallet.  Use the factory dimensions and add height for the pallet and then use the pallet's outside dimensions.  You can do this with the Ebay site too.  In either case you will be the one paying for the freight in advance.  Make sure in both cases you mark that liftgate service is required at each end.  You will find this will add up to where it may be worth it to make the drive.

I would make the trip..but I dont have a liftgate on my truck and our weather is nuts here.. Id much rather just not hassle with the drive and all and just ship it to my uncles warehouse..then I can wait till the weather moves and have a company come down with a liftgate and pickup the machine and set it for me. If I pick it up I have to lay it on its back then bring it to my uncles warehouse and get it out of the truck in upright position and all..sounds like to alot of work on a heavy machine. Im a skinny young dude LOL!

I went to uship.com someone mentioned them..used the weight and the measurements of the machine (forgot to add in the extra weight and height for pallet) and it came out to 170.84 to be shipped with liftgate service for pickup and drop off..that was from RL Carriers..

Has anyone ever used uship.com  or RL Carriers

That's a pretty good price including liftgate service.  Make sure you put in the extra weight and dimensions of the pallet because they don't like it when they pick up stuff that's not as represented.  I can understand why you don't want to do it, especially if you would be by yourself.  I've always been skinny myself and that's why I rely on my moving equipment to do most of the work for me.

RL Carriers should be good to deal with.  You might find that there will be a delay for liftgate service because only a few trucks of any carrier have rail lifts on them.

Ok I went back to uship.com and added the size of a regular pallet and then added a bit more weight and a little more height and with liftgate service at both ends RL Carriers says 220.48

MAN i hate to add that much more when they only wanted  170.84 for just the machine..now the pallet adds that much more..but I think the 220.48 would basically still save me money..I mean by the time I drove by dodge ram 1500 big horn out there at 15 mpg...with gas prices.. feed the family breakfast, lunch and dinner I think I would be way over 220! But thats just my opinion and plus this saves me from driving in the weather and killing this poor small skinny guy LOL.

So at 220.48 shipping + 50.00 for seller to put on pallet and wrap + 157.50 for machine..Ill be in it at 427.98  ouch!

I don't blame you for leaving the driving to others as bad as the weather is. Considering you only gave $157 (a smoking deal) for the machine, you are still at a good price including all your expenses, so it's still a win.

Ok..I bought this off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USI-SNACK-MACHINE-/141145405832?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20dcebf988

This was discussed a few days ago about moving it.. My goal was to take my toolbox off my truck install some tie downs on the bed and drive the three hours one way and pick it up slide it in the truck tie it in and drive it 3 hours back home this coming Saturday..

WELL - plans changed and I got smarter lol! I sat down and thought about all the money Id be spending for gas, food (especially since Im taking the daughter and girlfriend LOL).. and all that..I figured Id just have it shipped to my uncles door..he owns a  commercial building with no loading dock.. so I called the seller (VERY VERY NICE GUY) and told him Id much rather have it shipped..he said for $50.00 he will palletize it and wrap it to be shipped and ready to go..BUT I have to arrange the shipping...he said that the truck that comes will need a liftgate as he doesnt have a loading dock either at his location..

So my next question.. HOW do I get this machine shipped? Ebay has a freight shipping option calculator that says shipping from him to me (commercial address with no loading dock) is

$238.86 and says All prices include any packaging and handling fees charged by the seller.So If i choose the shipping on ebay will I pay the palleting fee to him or will the shipping company pay it?

Im very lost..whats the easiest way to do this? Thanks! Sorry if this is all confusing..

If you're looking at doing full line vending, you really need to find a local machine mover - based on what we pay around here, you could easily get somebody to pick that machine up with no pallet and deliver it to you or the location for less than $200 ( directly to the location would be best and cheaper in the long run).

If you find the snack machine to be a problem, just wait until you need a soda machine moved.

If you find the snack machine to be a problem, just wait until you need a soda machine moved.

No doubt!! a snack machine is easy compared to a soda machine, especially a big soda machine.

I would go make the trip but my wife and I are always up for a road trip. 

Even in bad weather thats what makes the story a good one. Nobody wants to hear about the trip that was sunny and 80

The one everyone wants to hear is the one that normally takes three hours and it took six to get there in a blinding snow storm Had to load the machine in the snow and on the way back we had to sleep in the rest area because the state police shut down the highway and eat dinner out of the vending machines in the rest area. Now thats a road trip

If Im going to be doing more full line Im going to look into more full line moving equipment.. correct dolly..pickup with liftgate..ive been kinda looking now here and there

I come from a SMALL town..and all the towns around me are small..so its hard to find a vending machine mover. There is a vending company in the next town over (20 miles away) thats help me move machines if he isnt busy ..but its always a hassle to get ahold of him and move stuff..but I also understand hes busy and hes the kind of person that if I need something hes hard to catch..but if he needs something from me hes calling me almost every 20 minutes!

Im going to defiantly get this unit shipped. As I said before between gas, food and all its going to be cheaper in the long run I think. Then with the weather (its ice raining here as I type this)..Also to move it I have to take the toolbox out of the truck and lay it down on its back and tie it in..and with my luck I can see me not tieing it in right on its back and it skidding across a highway full of semis and cars LOL.. NOW that would beat your getting snowed in at a rest area and eating dinner out of the vending machines there story! LOL!

Im learning more and more about full line. and IM enjoying learning and making it in this business. Honestly I enjoy full line more then bulk!

RL Carriers are good to work with and almost all trailers have lift gates and best way to do it is to put machine on pallet.  Take 2 ratchet straps run then through front of pallet and over machine and ratchet them on back of machine.  Then shrink rap the piss out of it.  It doesn't cost anything but 2 ratchet straps and shrink wrap.     That is how we had a sandwich machine shipped from Oregon  over 1,500 miles   it was too us in 4 days and was in great shape.  You move it fine with pallet jack.     Best of luck on your shipping.

Archived