Water Problems

Hillbilly

Guys,

I just need to vent so you can read or not read.  So, if you've been watching the news about the water problems in/near Charleston WV, you understand that some of us have been a week without water in our houses. Well, some have water but it has been tainted with a chemical that smells like black licorice.  And I mean lots of licorice.  You can smell this stuff everywhere.  I am so sick of smelling licorice.

So this morning at 6AM I check online and my neighborhood has been cleared to flush our lines.  So I run water for 30 minutes straight to empty out the hot water heater.  And then run the cold water in the washing machine and dishwasher to clean them out.  All per the water companies instructions. My wife and I take a shower.  First one in a week other than bird baths.  Now we are walking licorice sticks.

Anyways, I was really looking forward to getting home and washing some dishes and laundry.  I'm almost out of underwear.  Be going Commando soon.  Guess What?  No water at all!..You gotta be kidding me.  So I call the water company and Yep got a water main break.  In fact they have lots of them.   No ETA as to when they will be fixed.  So to make a long story short-  I got my water back on this morning but now I can't use it.

How's your week been?

Guys,

I just need to vent so you can read or not read.  So, if you've been watching the news about the water problems in/near Charleston WV, you understand that some of us have been a week without water in our houses. Well, some have water but it has been tainted with a chemical that smells like black licorice.  And I mean lots of licorice.  You can smell this stuff everywhere.  I am so sick of smelling licorice.

So this morning at 6AM I check online and my neighborhood has been cleared to flush our lines.  So I run water for 30 minutes straight to empty out the hot water heater.  And then run the cold water in the washing machine and dishwasher to clean them out.  All per the water companies instructions. My wife and I take a shower.  First one in a week other than bird baths.  Now we are walking licorice sticks.

Anyways, I was really looking forward to getting home and washing some dishes and laundry.  I'm almost out of underwear.  Be going Commando soon.  Guess What?  No water at all!..You gotta be kidding me.  So I call the water company and Yep got a water main break.  In fact they have lots of them.   No ETA as to when they will be fixed.  So to make a long story short-  I got my water back on this morning but now I can't use it.

How's your week been?

As long as you still have beer you'll survive - just remind your wife that beer is 99% water  ;D

Sorry for the problems.  I can see that having water off for a long period of time, then turning it back, and suddenly having everyone using it at the same time to flush out everything could cause problems, especially with how old most pipes are.

I would have attempted to wait for others to start flushing their systems first, then flushing mine as late as possible.  (Letting them flush the problem water out their pipes first.)  Then I would have probably gone overkill on flushing out the pipes, and everything before actually using anything.  But that is how I tend to do things.  Let others take the action first, see what the issues they have are, then I come in knowing a little more, with modified actions based on what happened with the other people.

Guys,

How's your week been.

I was involved in a hit and run Saturday,pickup hits me while stopped for a left turning vehicle, drives me into another car and another pickup. We all pull off the road and while everyone is surveying the damage, pickup takes off car in front of me takes off chasing him (or so I thought)I start to follow but get stuck behind a Sunday driver and lose both of them.After filing a police report it turns out no one else reported the accident and the tag number I gave to the police wasn't even a good tag number, so after all is said and done my van has too much damage to repair and I'm stuck with a damaged van. :angry:

John

Guys,

How's your week been?

That sucks Hillbilly, I wouldn't want to walk around smelling like that!

it was in front of a cemetery and funeral home.

John

Man that really sucks.  Not much chance of a witness there, unless maybe a zombie.  At least my day has been better today.

The water main was fixed over the night so all we have now is a boil water advisory that will probably last for several days.  The whole pace still smells like licorice though.

sorry to hear about everyones troubles 

My suggestion is pull up youtube and type in "night court bob and june wheeler" and catch a couple of scenes especially the one with the coffee can and neko waffers

Then after you LYFAO, things wont look so bad 

Archived