Suggestions for fixing this crazy squeak!

I have an older V407 doing some brisk business. Only issue is that it periodically starts offering up a high pitch squeak. This can carry on for an extended time. i have had my tech try to fix it twice so far.

The ladies at the location tell me that it still squeaks and it is very annoying. I have been unable to replicate it. My tech cannot replicate it. However, multiple women insist that it puts off a very loud and annoying squeak sound.

Any ideas as this is driving me nuts.

ST

If it's a noise that persists for a period of time it's probably related to the cooling unit.  Either a vibration or a worn condenser fan.  If you haven't heard the noise you won't even know where to look.  Make sure you wait for the compressor to start when you are there and listen for awhile with the door closed, as it would be for them, and then with the door open.  If the squeak is muffled it could be the evaporator fan in the cabinet.  It could even be a freon line rubbing somewhere which you'll want to fix as it will wear a hole in the line over time.

I heard once while servicing, but it did not last long. The sound is definitely not muffled, so we do not believe it is an evaporator fan. We changed the condenser fan in the hopes that was it.. nope... We have played with the lines and they appear to be clear. Obviously something is amiss.

I will be going back again and spend some time there to hopefully catch it in its full glory. Will keep the board updated on its status.

ST

Women have better hearing than men. 

Don't know what it is they hear but in a breakroom or near their desks they hear many things.... If you have a spare unit I would trade the cooling unit out. 

Mark this one to use only in a shop.

If it is as squealing noise I assume it is a fan motor. Since you have changed the condenser motor I would change the evaporator motor. Considering the age of the machine and that the evaporator motor runs constantly I would begin there.

Archived