DN368 SII and Coinco Validator

MrByte

Chris, the 5 that your validator took was probably a non-colored or a small portrait 5. The 2008 software was to enable the colored large portrait 5's to work. From the sound of the tissue paper bill, it was one of the old ones so you don't have new enough software in that BP.

Chris, the 5 that your validator took was probably a non-colored or a small portrait 5. The 2008 software was to enable the colored large portrait 5's to work. From the sound of the tissue paper bill, it was one of the old ones so you don't have new enough software in that BP.

It's very possible.  My main point was to retract my earlier statements/implications that the BP series will take new 5's.  It looks like I didn't win this battle at all.

The good news is that the validator takes 1's without problems.  I have also had a coinco BP sitting around for over a year that needs a new intermediate chassis or whatever it is called.  The bills seem to get jammed up because it has some damage to the vertical extruded lines on either side.  I'm debating whether I should send them both out for repairs or just wait a while.

I have one coinco BP that just needs a software update and another that needs the intermediate chassis piece replaced but I don't want to pay to have the whole thing refurbished lol. I may just use the one as a $1 validator until it needs to be repaired.

What's a 368 good working shape worth, anyhow?  I've been assuming 500-600 dollars, based on Craigslist.  I've got a shot at another with cooling issues, but new compressor, for $100.

In my areas can get single price Dixie's for under 300 all day long

Sometimes 150 or 100 or less

Just under 700 is what refurbishers sell them for

Used and working I've heard from others there worth 400

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have an update on my USI 3129 and the BP validator as well as an MEI 2702.

I was able to make my 3129 to take a new $5 ONE time (unless I am crazy, it was definitely a 2008+ $5) but it ceased to do it again with a coinco BP4BX.

I installed an MEI 2702 that I had and it also would NOT take a $5 bill.  In fact, it took it and would wait roughly 1-2 seconds and reject the bill.  I had the switches set properly (I am 100% positive of this) and the coin mech was full on my 9302-gx.

Out of curiosity, I put the EXACT SAME 2702 into my bevmax right next to the USI 3129 and viola!  The bevmax will take a $5 no problem!

I have concluded that there are 3 main possibilities...

1) The USI 3129 will not allow $5 bill acceptance by default (I kind of doubt it).

2) The 9302-gx will not allow $5 bill acceptance by default (I highly doubht this).

3) The USI 3129 needs some sort of tube-fill process done to allow for a $5 acceptance (I highly believe this is it).

I also believe that the Bevmax has better software that allows for a $5 acceptance without any issues.  I was thinking that my 9302-gx was giving fits because it was half-full on nickels but I don't believe that's the case.

I checked the USI 3129 manual on vendnet but I could NOT find a tube-fill option.  Does anyone know anything about this?  I'm probably going to call USI tomorrow to try to figure out what could cause this because I really prefer to have a $5 acceptance on my USI 3129 to be used for change while I have a credit card reader on the bevmax.  I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket.  I also have a USI CB-500 next to the bevmax but I could possibly be swapping that out for something else in the future anyway.

Archived