ap 4000 not accepting coins

kdub3821

If the machine is accepting bills and paying correct change after a vend, but not accepting any coins you probably have a bad coin mech that needs to be replaced.  Pull open the front of the top acceptor and inspect the coin path for any pocket lint or excess grime built up in the coin track.  Use your fingernail to scrape any grime off the ridge of the track and use a dry paper towel to wipe any caked on grime.  If this doesn't solve the issue then you need to replace the mech. 

If the machine won't pay change or it won't even take any bills then you might have a logic board problem such as coins that have fallen behind the board or just a bad board.

PM me if you need an exchange mech or anything else for this.

Anyone

have an idea why the coins are dropping into the return slot instead of registering? Thanks

This is a classic symptom of the acceptor head gone bad - first check to make sure your coin return is working properly (not jamming the acceptor door) if this is clear then it's time to swap out the coin mech.

I'm inside the machine.the coin drops down into the mars coin changer then down but over top of the return change bin and then out into the coin return. Please excuse the lack of part name knowledge. I'm a soda/ bulk candy man. This is my first snack machine. Where can I get an acceptor head and what part is that. I'm guessing it's the part that the coin drops into from where I would put the coin into the machine. Looks like a square with the coin return leaver on it.

You will need to exchange out the entire coin mech as your problem could be internal to the coin mech logic board. 

Send me a PM and I can get a coin mech out to you for an exchange.

Did you try powering down the machine and then back on? If that does not help, check to see that you have not lost the pricing in memory. Hit the "check price " button and then try to make a selection. Is the price set for that item or does display just show "00" on the lower line?

Archived