Bought a 1400 head Ford Gum Route-Need Advice

redfleet32

Just an FYI for everyone wondering what Ford gets out of the deal. The vendors would buy their gum from Ford. Ford Gum was started in 1913. Ford himself would go around the country and help get locations for vendors and then sell them the chicklets for the machines. Ford does not get any portion of the money earned by the vendors.

Just an FYI for everyone wondering what Ford gets out of the deal. The vendors would buy their gum from Ford. Ford Gum was started in 1913. Ford himself would go around the country and help get locations for vendors and then sell them the chicklets for the machines. Ford does not get any portion of the money earned by the vendors.

That's great to know

Great then that's what musser should have said. Guys here who have never delt with ford like me don't know the ins and outs. I always figured that the money filtered through ford then to the local charities. So what method is used to get the money to the local charities that are listed on the machines?

What percent?

No what I should have said is that you are asking for proprietary information regarding long established contracts that is none of your business.

Yet another thread that should be locked.

The mod team is well aware of this thread.

LOL! Well aware of what? That people are asking basic, non-threatening questions about this club and being ignored? I'm so confused.

I'm familiar with some of the contracts that your referring to, just not with the Ford Gum company. If it was me I would just keep the ones going as they were and if they don't find you the locations that your referring to, then I would just find your own locations for those. 

I've learned along the way that it's all about cash flow. I am still learning, but that's the bottom line. If it's making money, it's worth having. If your losing product from not being used, then it's not. If you have to pay for the machines that are not on location, then that's a different story, but it still depends on what the product/ cost of all the machines is.

Anyways, good luck!

LOL! Well aware of what? That people are asking basic, non-threatening questions about this club and being ignored? I'm so confused.

I'm with you on that. All my original post was saying is that like any business or charity when more hands are involved the profit or donation shrinks. I'm sure that ford has done great things and raised lots of money for their supported charity. As well as made lots of money for operators a win win. And I hope they continue for many years. Ford may not take "cut" but if they are the ones who handle the donations operator to charity then there are surly to be cost involved for this process.

Another point in the original original thread was that ford is also the collector for all the mc d and Taco Bell charity's totally not true. Most all of the mcd in the world are franchises owned by business people and part of their franchise agreement is that they have to make a monthly donation to Ronald McDonald charity's. The coin donation boxes you see are used to off set the owners donation cost and not collected by ford but in fact is counted monthly by the manager and deposited. Taco Bell works much the same way. They use the water machines on the counter. There may be some organized collections for corporate owned locations but ford is not a large part of the collections for these companies. Providing real information is what this site is about and not just skating around the tough questions. If mission does not believe that then he should lock the thread.

I think most of us are aware that for whatever reason some threads can become very volatile and even become incendiary over a single post. While not wanting to suppress a good conversation this thread seems to, for a number or reasons, be a potential hot topic and so the mod team is and will continue to monitor it closely.

My previous post was intended to serve as a reminder to everyone to keep it civil before the conversation went off the tracks.

So as to not further hijack this thread, if anyone has any questions or comments about our topic moderation feel free to start another thread or pm.

I think most of us are aware that for whatever reason some threads can become very volatile and even become incendiary over a single post. While not wanting to suppress a good conversation this thread seems to, for a number or reasons, be a potential hot topic and so the mod team is and will continue to monitor it closely.

My previous post was intended to serve as a reminder to everyone to keep it civil before the conversation went off the tracks.

So as to not further hijack this thread, if anyone has any questions or comments about our topic moderation feel free to start another thread or pm.

I can agree with that.

Growing up I was a cashier at a franchised taco bell and we had the water collection machines; without water. They were not collected by anybody affiliated with the franchisee or the taco bell corporation but in fact they were collected by a third party.

Ford is a well established, honorable company run by ethical people. The quality of their product is good and they have a long history in providing a mutually beneficial program for all involved. The program may or may not be as strong as it once was or even have it's place in the future but no one could ever say that the company is not run by ethical people or that the program they developed has not benefited all involved

Growing up I was a cashier at a franchised taco bell and we had the water collection machines; without water. They were not collected by anybody affiliated with the franchisee or the taco bell corporation but in fact they were collected by a third party.

The largest Taco Bell franchise group in the country is located here in Birmingham. I happen to know the CFO and they to used to use the collection service. I have no idea if it was ford or not. But about 8 years ago they stopped using them and started direct internal collection. This was about the same time they ran the test market vending program. I'm told that most all franchise locations are using the same internal process.

Hey Redfleet,

Best wishes in your new venture!

Just curious – what’s the deal setup with Ford?

Does Ford get a percentage?

Does Kiwanis get a percentage or a flat rate per head/location?

With your experience, I’m sure it will be a success.

I'm told by a well respected member of the industry that the donation is 10% Sure beats the 25 to 40 they would pay if it was a comm spot. We are not anti charity vending in fact we donate to do vending supported charity's even though we have no charity machines. We are also working on a program to further support a charity that we feel strong about.

I'm told by a well respected member of the industry that the donation is 10% Sure beats the 25 to 40 they would pay if it was a comm spot. We are not anti charity vending in fact we donate to do vending supported charity's even though we have no charity machines. We are also working on a program to further support a charity that we feel strong about.

The portion of your post that was removed was inappropriate in that it did absolutlely nothing to move the conversation forward and some certainly would take offense so it was removed.

The portion of your post that was removed was inappropriate in that it did absolutlely nothing to move the conversation forward and some certainly would take offense so it was removed.

Your entitled to your opinion.

Your entitled to your opinion.

I don't think it was a matter of opinion. You've been here long enough to know that singling out a group of members who run their business a certain way and posting negative comments about them is simply not allowed. Especially when those comments are unfounded.

Regardless of Mikes opinion, he was simply trying to keep this thread open and moving in a constructive direction. Something that is becoming increasingly difficult to do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I don't think it was a matter of opinion. You've been here long enough to know that singling out a group of members who run their business a certain way and posting negative comments about them is simply not allowed. Especially when those comments are unfounded.

Regardless of Mikes opinion, he was simply trying to keep this thread open and moving in a constructive direction. Something that is becoming increasingly difficult to do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

True but the comments were based on information gathered from operators out side of TVF. I have no first hand information of how members here operate but I do have of many close friends that do not utilize our site. It was not my intention for members to read the comment and feel guilty. It was based solely on information gathered else where.

True but the comments were based on information gathered from operators out side of TVF. I have no first hand information of how members here operate but I do have of many close friends that do not utilize our site. It was not my intention for members to read the comment and feel guilty. It was based solely on information gathered else where.

So you posted a comment about operators that you know about that are not even members at TVF. A comment that also had nothing to do with the current topic. A comment the someone with your years and posts here would certainly know to be inflammatory. So what purpose was it intended to serve other than starting another shitstorm around here?

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with musser, :) :), its time to lock this one.

If anyone wants to start another Ford gum related thread feel free, any off topic posts will be deleted and we will look at additional sanctions against the offender.

Archived