I'm having an issue with one of my Royal 650's.  The issue is with one of the front columns.  Product is loaded.  Tried to vend and triggers "sold out" when selection button is pressed.  Removed product.  Tried to "test vend" in program mode and the display light in the front of the machine goes out temporarily and the rotor doesn't turn.  Is this a bad motor?  If so, is this something I can purchase and replace myself?  This is the only selection that is behaving this way.  

If it won't work in test vend, It's probably a motor, stuck rotor, or maybe a wiring problem. It sounds like a motor or royor though. It's as though the board is sending power to the motor but there is too much resistance due to friction.

You can replace this yourself snd it's not hard to do.

This problem is usually a bad motor.  If you want to send me a PM I can get a replacement sent out to you.  You will have to remove product from the front and back columns because you will remove the rod that runs through both rotors in order to remove the front motor.  If you can get your wiring to stretch to a neighboring motor, see if this bad one will run on another selection's wiring.  This will confirm the problem.

Archived