Do spiral gumball machines sell more gumballs?

Zeusophobia

Those pretty 5 foot machines look like a great attention getter. I've found a couple on craigslist for $150 a piece. It seems kids would probably want to see them go down the spiral, and adults would not overlook it.

Are there any downsides to one of these things?

downsides are parts avialablility, exept for coin mech, for that they use the common beaver ng

Only if it's an off brand. Spirals are still produced by the companies that have made them for years.

Those pretty 5 foot machines look like a great attention getter. I've found a couple on craigslist for $150 a piece. It seems kids would probably want to see them go down the spiral, and adults would not overlook it.

Are there any downsides to one of these things?

They still make money but not like they used to. If you have a busy spot with good AC in the summer then they are good. And they so out sell a non interactive machine

I personaly dont like spirals I feel that in a spiral you get alot of gmbs that start to fade from being in the machine too long plus when the start to chip it makes a mess inside the machine

I personaly dont like spirals I feel that in a spiral you get alot of gmbs that start to fade from being in the machine too long plus when the start to chip it makes a mess inside the machine

I agree with you. You would need the high traffic. Lol when they first came out you could place them most any where and kill it.

And when it comes time to clean that spiral, well let's just say its a PITA to do.

I have two in laundromats that sell a lot of gumballs. I never fill them more than half full, though; to keep the product from getting hard and cracking. The key to machines like this is keeping them stocked at a realistic level relative to the sales potential of location. If it's a small location that will do maybe $10 per month, you had better keep the product level pretty low or you will have cracked gumballs a few months down the road.

I quit putting gumballs in my spirals and went to bouncy balls - and it was the best move I made - I was always making 80+ per month with it and didn't have to worry spoilage.

gum chips if why I quit spirals.  I have abour 4 in storage cause I hate cleaning them.  One Day I may put out again.  I was actually getting ready to and then boom Had to pick up 4 racks, so now I got 4 racks to put out before thinking of fooling with spirals.

Archived