How many single head gumballs to go fulltime?

Zeusophobia

Maybe they don't notice if there's no other GB around.

My experience is that people do notice when there's a head of 850 next to a head of 1430....the difference in size is pretty noticeable.

Guess I'm lucky.

The GB at my local Sams are never more than 2-3 mos old.

I would notice to but I'm in the business. Just wondering what the experience is your talking about.

I would notice to but I'm in the business. Just wondering what the experience is your talking about.

I've never gone to 1430.

But, I've had several competitors switch to 1430 at shared locations wherein I have my 850ct.

I often see a spike in GB sales after they switch.

I always attributed that to my not having to split as many sales with the other guy as I did before he switched to 1430.

But, the real tell-tale sign IMO is that those other vendors eventually switch back to 850.

Which tells me that they weren't selling 1430 as well as they had sold 850...and if my 850 was selling even better during their 1430 phase.

My belief is people noticed the difference in size and chose mine over theirs.

That and my 850ct sales will usually level back down once the other vendors switch back to 850ct.

I've never gone to 1430.

But, I've had several competitors switch to 1430 at shared locations wherein I have my 850ct.

I often see a spike in GB sales after they switch.

I always attributed that to my not having to split as many sales with the other guy as I did before he switched to 1430.

But, the real tell-tale sign IMO is that those other vendors eventually switch back to 850.

Which tells me that they weren't selling 1430 as well as they had sold 850...and if my 850 was selling even better during their 1430 phase.

My belief is people noticed the difference in size and chose mine over theirs.

That and my 850ct sales will usually level back down once the other vendors switch back to 850ct.

Makes since to me. But there is no way we could track what how our sales changed bassed on the other guys gum size I would go crazy. Hats off to you for being organized. We do mostly 850 ct but are moving to 1080. We compete mostly with SV and they are at 1080. We can also fill less often.

Do we really need a control group, bubbling beakers and people in white lab coats to figure out that side-by-side at the exact same price point people will buy the bigger gumball?

Do we really need a control group, bubbling beakers and people in white lab coats to figure out that side-by-side at the exact same price point people will buy the bigger gumball?

Apparently...

But, even this scientist figured it out  ---- and he has no eyes!

bunsen_honeydew.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Should be able to do 250-300 locations a week over 5-6 day weeks. Remember this is a 12 week cycle so it can be done in as little as 10 weeks, which will give you some time for a little R&R before next service cycle. Also you could stretch to 13 weeks if you are planning to do it quarterly.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is 3000 single head gum on a 3 month cycle a reasonable goal? 

No.  I don't think it is.  Possible?  Ya...probably under optimum conditions.   But you didn't ask what's possible - you asked what's reasonable.  Two different things.  

If you were in an extremely densely populated area and could service a machine every 10 minutes (average 5 min. service and 5 min. drive time) per location - that's six an hour or 60 per 10 hour day.  Assuming 5 day, 50 hr. work weeks you could do 3000 every 10 weeks. 

That doesn't account for buying product, machine prep, cleaning, accounting/taxes or any of the things that have to do with running a QUALITY business.  

So you'd hate your life and be providing horrible service - but it's possible.   

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is 3000 single head gum on a 3 month cycle a reasonable goal? 

Yes. I know several people with routes with more heads than. Its all about the schedule. Yes yes I know poor service yada yada, but the goal is the least amount of work for the most amount of money, period. Service matters a lot if you are doing racks, cranes, amusements etc, its critical. Charity? Once a charity machine has been in awhile it becoames a piece of furniture the store owners/managers dont even notice. As long as you are nice when you service it you will be remembered well.

• 3 weeks later...

I would buy Oak Vista Panel machines, or A&A PO89 panel head machines , metal craft stands , sell only 1430 count gum.

Use a well respected charity and locate yourself.

Service the machines only when they are nearly mt.

You could easily do 2000 machines yourself.

This scenario gives high profit , ultra simplicity, you can work out of a very cheap gas saver car.

Try it out with 10 machines and get a feel for vending and if you like it then dive in.

Never forget; your job is not to bring wonderful toys and candy to the people of earth but to maximize your income per unit time.

You are young, treat the machines like savings bonds. Go about the business quietly, diligently, resolutely, and you will make a great deal of money.

There should be a "Love This" button for advice such as this...

Archived