Worth the drive?

TyW

I've found a guy selling 3 wowie zowies 700 miles from me for 100 dollars each for 2 and 50 for the third

He also has 6000 850 count gum balls about a year old and he only wants 50 dollars for them , Would those gum balls still be vendable or do gum balls go bad.

Ty

Make sure you get LOTS AND LOTS of pictures on the units before making the trip. Do not take the sellers word on "o they work great and look almost NEW" cause trust me sometimes your "new" condition and their "new" condition varys.. I made a HUGE mistake once and drove a bit for some "almost new" racks..lets just say JUNK JUNK JUNK! Not trying to discourage you, just saying check into the pictures before the drive to save you heartache!

Regarding the wowie's, at about 50 cents a mile (gas, oil, wear and tear, etc) that adds $700 to the price, not even including your time or hotel costs. If the decision is purely based on price factor all that in. Of course sometimes price is not the only deciding factor.

Regarding the gumballs, you'll get different opinions. The manufacturer claims 2 years and some people vend them that long but many (most?) people buy them often so they're never more than 6 months to a year max. Personally I want people to like my product to get more repeat business so I keep them as new as possible. One final thought - when he says "about a year" odds are that means closer to the 15 month side than the 9 month side.

It would cost me about 400 dollars in gas to get there, I'm not sure about the gumballs. I'm worried they are old and gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$400 for a one way trip? What are you driving? A tank. LOL. Seriously I would pass on the gum and I don't have any experience with the Wowie Zowie machines. I do know there are two different ones. One is good the other is crap. Do some research on hear and you should be able to find out. Go back about 1 1/2- 2 yrs. A member Antoniocisni I think that how you spell it had a few to sell back then and knew quite a bit about them.

i wouldn't buy the Wowies with the pink plastic auger. That is the original unit. It has about 5 motors compared to the newer unit that has two.  Google them and you will see the difference. I, too, once drove about 150 miles out of my way to buy some "excellent" condition Wowies.  I almost punched the dude when i got there.  I left two in his garage at $50 each and told him to throw them in the dump. 

Archived