What not to do During a Kick Out

casey259

Kick outs, they eventually happen. I had a pizza place (decent average each month) ask for me to come by and pick it up. Now when the lady called she was angry over the phone on her voicemail. When I went to get it, I talked to the lady who greets you at the front who seats you who I see everytime and I asked was there anything wrong with the machine, any service issues, bad product, commission too low, etc. She said no to all of these only that the new manager wanted it out. 

Then I was so incredibly fortunate on this day to be greeted by the new manager. She came out and got into my personal "bubble" and was asking who authorized this machine and that she's lucky that she didn't throw it away and how I'm breaking numerous federal laws and how I could be sent to prison. I usually treat people with respect in these type of situations as hey it's just a bubble gum machine, I began to laugh and not just a little bit but a lot as her attitudes were down right ridiculous. She threatened to call the police for the machine and in the back of my mind part of me wanted her to so at least the cop could carry the machine to my car but I kept laughing and just picked  up the machine and walked out. She came out into the parking lot still angry and saying how I'm no longer welcome in the city. Not the restaurant...the entire city. So while an unfortunate kick out that I have to relocate which isn't a problem, that really did make me laugh. I'm pretty sure the extreme laughing on my part didn't help. 

This proves that sometimes the inmates do run the asylum. When in doubt just laugh it off as she could've just been having a rough couple of days and just move forward.  

Kick outs, they eventually happen. I had a pizza place (decent average each month) ask for me to come by and pick it up. Now when the lady called she was angry over the phone on her voicemail. When I went to get it, I talked to the lady who greets you at the front who seats you who I see everytime and I asked was there anything wrong with the machine, any service issues, bad product, commission too low, etc. She said no to all of these only that the new manager wanted it out. 

Then I was so incredibly fortunate on this day to be greeted by the new manager. She came out and got into my personal "bubble" and was asking who authorized this machine and that she's lucky that she didn't throw it away and how I'm breaking numerous federal laws and how I could be sent to prison. I usually treat people with respect in these type of situations as hey it's just a bubble gum machine, I began to laugh and not just a little bit but a lot as her attitudes were down right ridiculous. She threatened to call the police for the machine and in the back of my mind part of me wanted her to so at least the cop could carry the machine to my car but I kept laughing and just picked  up the machine and walked out. She came out into the parking lot still angry and saying how I'm no longer welcome in the city. Not the restaurant...the entire city. So while an unfortunate kick out that I have to relocate which isn't a problem, that really did make me laugh. I'm pretty sure the extreme laughing on my part didn't help. 

This proves that sometimes the inmates do run the asylum. When in doubt just laugh it off as she could've just been having a rough couple of days and just move forward.  

Just be glad you don't have to work for her.

Had a location in "06" that demanded 60% rather than the 40% agreed on when we set it. The saw that the rack and spiral was doing 1100 a month and I guess they figured they could force me to do the 60%. I loaded up everything and left but made sure to make him so mad he would never have another machine lol to this day he still does not. I could have very easy not pulled all the money and cheated him down to the 40%. But we don't do business that way.

now 60% sounds crazy I understand, but 1100 a month in bulk is awesome.  I think I would have tried to work that one out, I never let my emotions get to me on this business, ill take golpher-chewings etc. if its gonna pay me money cause that's all I want is the dinero amigo!!

I would have did some "creative math" on the commission, maybe sliding scale kinda BS and percentage of net not gross etc. to keep that account and still be on the up and up and not crooked.

ron

Whew...$26,400.  Assuming just 25% of that account goes into your pocket that's the NET over the last 8 years.  I kind of agree with Ron, the owner was out of line at 60% but sorta cutting off your nose to spite your face there.  

But I do respect that you would walk away rather than saying okay and using crooked math.  

Had a location in "06" that demanded 60% rather than the 40% agreed on when we set it. The saw that the rack and spiral was doing 1100 a month and I guess they figured they could force me to do the 60%. I loaded up everything and left but made sure to make him so mad he would never have another machine lol to this day he still does not. I could have very easy not pulled all the money and cheated him down to the 40%. But we don't do business that way.

I'm with you, sometimes money isn't worth the headache. I've dumped a couple accounts for attitude because my piece of mind is worth more than what they can give me!

The first thing the new manager should have learned before taking the job is that everyone is a customer at some time, she didn't even know if you ate there. 

I would like to know who owns that store, you should get in touch with them and let them know how rude she was with you.  He or she will loose a lot of business

having her manage that place.

The first thing the new manager should have learned before taking the job is that everyone is a customer at some time, she didn't even know if you ate there. 

I would like to know who owns that store, you should get in touch with them and let them know how rude she was with you.  He or she will loose a lot of business

having her manage that place.

100% agree with this.

I had a location kick me out, basically there were two managers at a sushi place, the female manager let me in, told me exactly where to place the machine, and approved the exact spot where I placed it.

The male manager got in the next day, was pissed to see my machine, called me and told me I had a hour to pick it up (went in and got it right away) when I arrived my machine was laying "sideways", with the mechs on the floor (1800 triple).  The worst part was that he mocked me saying, "like you could make any money from quarters anyways, what a waste of time."  Those were his EXACT words, I've never been so embarrassed vending in my entire life; 3 coworkers that were around him chuckled and made me feel like it was high school all over again.

The thing is, that place was my wife's and mother's favorite restaurant.  I told them both that story, and neither of them (plus me and my dad) will ever step foot in that place again.  Probably ate there 10ish times a year between the 4 of us.  So they will be missing out on our business.  (sadly though the food is so good that it'll still be fine without the 4 of us :( )

Some people hate us bulk vendors. Its like they're offended we're trying to make money. I see it time and again when I locate. Most places that dont want a machines just say no and are done but some are really offended and have to make some kind of rude comment.

Ive also seen it when getting the boot, Ive had people threaten to throw the machine out, make rude comments. I even had a place put the machine in a back room and then try and say they 'don't know what happened to the machine'.

All you can do is act firm but professional, move on and try to not let it get to you.

Could be worse, we could all be selling kirby vacuums door to door. That was a job I had. Talk about rude. Doors slammed in your face, yelled at, almost got assaulted once. Fun times.

now 60% sounds crazy I understand, but 1100 a month in bulk is awesome. I think I would have tried to work that one out, I never let my emotions get to me on this business, ill take golpher-chewings etc. if its gonna pay me money cause that's all I want is the dinero amigo!!

I would have did some "creative math" on the commission, maybe sliding scale kinda BS and percentage of net not gross etc. to keep that account and still be on the up and up and not crooked.

ron

Don't get me wrong there are times I regret it lol. But I have calmed way down since then.

Straight up kick outs are very rare for us. It's been maybe four plus years. If we loose a spot it's closed or something like that.

Archived