AP 115 display very dim

I have an AP 115 that is out doors under a covered patio. The display is barely lit. Even at night I can hardly see it. When I set the prices, I have to shade it with both hands and put my eyes about 2" from it. Is there an adjustment for this? My soda machine's display right next to it can be seen from 15 feet away. Today I removed the board to check it out and noticed that on each corner of the read-out it looks kinda burned.

I have an AP 115 that is out doors under a covered patio. The display is barely lit. Even at night I can hardly see it. When I set the prices, I have to shade it with both hands and put my eyes about 2" from it. Is there an adjustment for this? My soda machine's display right next to it can be seen from 15 feet away. Today I removed the board to check it out and noticed that on each corner of the read-out it looks kinda burned.

Have you checked the harness connections for the display? I've had that on an AP 113 and the harness was a little loose.

I have an AP 115 that is out doors under a covered patio. The display is barely lit. Even at night I can hardly see it. When I set the prices, I have to shade it with both hands and put my eyes about 2" from it. Is there an adjustment for this? My soda machine's display right next to it can be seen from 15 feet away. Today I removed the board to check it out and noticed that on each corner of the read-out it looks kinda burned.

Short of replacing the display  (which is what you'll probably end up doing) you could just dim down the lights on the soda machine so it doesn't look so bad  ;D

The darkness you see at the ends of the florescent display is the normal appearance from the manufacturing process.  Try pulling the two pin connector on the back that goes to the keypad (be very careful as that connector is fragile) and both ends of the ribbon cable from the display to the logic board off and on a couple of times to clean up any corrosion on the pins.  If that doesn't fix it then your display is bad and will need to be replaced. 

You can PM me if you need a replacement.

Allen

I was going to tell you to water more often, dying a slow death due to lack of moisture.

I let moondog be the smart one this time.

Sounds like time to replace the display.

Yeah, thanks Golfdogs. I completely removed the board and reinstalled it. No difference.

You know me Randy, just send me one. lol

I always try to keep it simple...

Archived