Difference between 2501 VFM and 2521 snack bezel?

I was looking online to see how much a bezel would cost me.  I have an AP 4000 with a VFM in it currently.  I am assuming that I need the VFM bezel as that is what I have ordered in the past... but there was this 2521 option that was not listed as a snack bezel or VFM bezel.  It looks the same.  Is there a difference?  Would I just need a VFM style bezel for a VN 2000 series validator?

The bezel that looks like a snack bezel is still considered to be a VFM bezel, but there is also a "flat bezel" though they are rarely used.  Either should work in the AP4000.  One thing to realize is that regardless how a VN series unit was built (indicated by the model number), the bezels are all interchangeable on them.  Let me know if you need any bezels as I have them all in stock.

The National 430 and 431 cold foods have to have a 2521 bezel in order for the validator to fit.  There is no way, short of making major modifications, to fit any type of validator besides an MEI with the 2521 bezel into one of those cold foods.  I think that was one of those annoying, "let's make something that only takes the validator that we sell" moments for Crane. ^_^  If all manufacturers would just put a 3" by 4" hole on all their machines, EVERYONE'S lives would be SO MUCH easier.

You can fit a Mars VN series into a National 430 and 431 food with no bezel attached if you are upgrading from a Maka validator.  If you are upgrading from a VFM then you need the VFM bezel on the VN validator.  The National snacks require the VFM bezel even if upgrading from a Maka, unless it's a 145 snack, which also uses no bezel.

I found a VFM bezel at the bottom of a 145 lol. Now I just need a validator.

Are the VFM validators still reliable after being rebuilt? The makas seem more reliable than the VFMs.

That bezel is there because the Mars VN doesn't use any bezel in the 145 snack.  The problem with rebuilding any of the old metal validators is that many of the parts are no longer available.  This causes used parts to be used in some repairs and the plastic parts that are used are 20 years old.  In addition, your circuit boards and motors are 20 years old and you never know when a component will fail.  This is why it's best to upgrade any failed metal validator to a newer Coinco or Mars unit.

You should properly recycle them.  Remove any circuit boards and scrap the metal parts then save the circuit boards for an electronics recycling drive.

Thanks AZ I have a bunch of BA-30 dba from the storage units and was wondering what to do with them, now I know.

If you don't want them and they are not vandalized you can send them to me instead of junking them.

I'll find a box to ship them in and will let you know the tracking #

No vandalism to them, was in storage units. 

Thanks AZ

Archived