Having problems with my AMS 39 w/chiller.  I haven't been to the location yet, but my partner has.  I have a Royal 650 there, as well.  Both machines not working.  We've had a lot of rain and lightening recently.  He unplugged the Royal 650 and plugged it back in.  It works now.  He did that a couple times with the AMS 39 w/chiller with no joy.  Display reads "out of service"

What are some things I should be looking at once I get to the location?

Health control will have to be reset if it has been off very long.... That is if the temp control is set for 41 degrees. If that  isn't the case you should have error codes as to why it is out of service. 

After you have reset the health control error.

You need to dispose of any spoiled food item.

I do not think your AMS machine will give you much information.

I would want to know.

1 the max temp reached inside your machine.

2 The number of minuets over 45 degrees.

I am very cautious any perishable item that peaked over 55 or more than 3 hour over 45 go in the trash and is disposed of offsite.

If you unsure trash it.

Be very careful you could make your customers very sick.

Walta 

If your AMS is a Sensit 1 machine (one single line in the credit display) then your sensors may need recalibration. Go into your Options menu and then press 5 for sensor calibration and watch your display. Be ready with pen and paper as after about 2 minutes the machine will display 3 separate numbers with preceding letters. Be prepared to run the test more than one time, to see if the numbers change and to get the letters and numbers written down. The letters only refer to the name of each part of the test and they won't change. The numbers won't matter if this calibration puts your machine back in service but keep the numbers for reference in case this problem returns.

Archived