cd6

TKK

A local guy said he can get new compressors for 30 to 40 he says they r pretty interchangeablr. Hes brazing a port on the low freon one and the other one checking the fuses and all. Can a compressor of say a fridge be installed somehow? Rmorris how much freon is used and what kind is it??

New compressor for 30-40....

I have seen compressors for 300-400.  I have seen people add some kind of a component to the compressor to give it some more life.  I have seen people recharge refrigeration decks for 75~, but never seen a new compressor for 30-40.  Even if he had a compressor for 40 bucks, labor should easily cost double that.  I don't know where you find these people.

Compressors at $30-40 would be stolen or used and cut off of some other cooling unit.  There is no such thing as they are all a minimum of $199 now and I would never use a used bell housing that's been cut off of something else.

A local guy said he can get new compressors for 30 to 40 he says they r pretty interchangeablr. Hes brazing a port on the low freon one and the other one checking the fuses and all. Can a compressor of say a fridge be installed somehow? Rmorris how much freon is used and what kind is it??

Compressors for refrigerators are normally low temp. Pop machines use a med temp compressor. $30 to $40 dollars is pretty cheap. Seems too cheap. A low temp could be used if he knows what he is doing.

Bullet piercing valve is what I would use on a compressor that is low. Otherwise you have to evacuate it and vacuum it down. Unfortunately this USI deck will have to be pulled out just to do that

Rule of thumb most units use approx 10 oz's of freon

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys so i found 2 pairs of these snack with drink for 700 for both. Both of them cool and all. Sold the snack for 650 a piece lol. So now i replaced the 2 non cooling ones w the cooling ones. Gonna get someone to fix both of the uncooling ones and sell them to the same person who bought the snack. Anyways one the f5 isnt working. What i did is plug in f3 plugs into f5 and walah f5 motor worked when i selected f3. So the motor is good. Anyone know what else it could be?

post-2971-0-34388900-1412966964_thumb.jpg

If when you started, F3 did work and F5 did not work, and now the F3 motor works in the F5 position but the F5 motor won't work in the F3 position then you have a bad motor that came from F5 and it needs to be replaced.

Make sure you have at least three cans in the F5 selection then enter the service mode to see if all motors show up in the total motor count.  If the count is correct then try a vend with coins.  If not then perform a test vend of F5.  Now see if it vends with coins.  When one of these selections sells out you then after you fill it you need to go into the service mode and then exit it so that the machine will see that all the sold out switches are activated again.

Archived