New guy needs help ID'ing This Machine!

KConn

Hey Everybody!

Been reading through the forums for a couple days now and figured it was time I sign up and introduce myself!

Been wanting to start a vending comapny for over a year now and I am finally starting to take my first step after all the research I've been doing. Picking up 3 machines this week and the one below is the only one I do not know the exact model number for. I am going to look at the machine tomorrow and would like to have a look through the manual before hand so I will be able to navigate myself around the machine alittle easier.

I do know that it is a Royal machine but if any of you who can help with the model number it would be greatly appreciated!

http://s29.postimg.org/smn32dac7/image.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/3v1pjxw7t/image.jpg

Not sure the exact model but be careful this Is not a coke asset meaning owned by coke.... On the side of the machine there should be a number in the picture it looks like there is 2 which usually means the center one will be the manufacturers and the top may be the bottler which may be coke ...

I have a Royal that looks just like that.  It may very well be a Royal Merlin IV 650 (I believe it is essentially the same as the G3).  If it is, it has 12 columns inside but only 9 selections (9 selections based off of the picture).  It's a very good machine but I think the coke bezel creates issues with putting a different validator in it if need be.

My Royal is not coke-owned but just has a coke front on it.  This looks like the same situation.

Also, check to see if it has 12 motors or if it uses a chain-driven system.

The serial number plate is visible on the side of the door so you will be able to get the model number from that. It's probably a GIII machine w/ a chain drive but it might be a Merlin IV which has one motor for each column. Both have front and rear columns and are MDB capable.

Hey Everybody!

Been reading through the forums for a couple days now and figured it was time I sign up and introduce myself!

Been wanting to start a vending comapny for over a year now and I am finally starting to take my first step after all the research I've been doing. Picking up 3 machines this week and the one below is the only one I do not know the exact model number for. I am going to look at the machine tomorrow and would like to have a look through the manual before hand so I will be able to navigate myself around the machine alittle easier.

I do know that it is a Royal machine but if any of you who can help with the model number it would be greatly appreciated!

http://s29.postimg.org/smn32dac7/image.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/3v1pjxw7t/image.jpg

Looks to be a Royal 804 which would be a good buy if this guy actually owns it - there does appear to be an asset sticker on the upper left hand corner.  Get the serial number and call the local Coke bottler to see if it's hot (missing asset).

Chris which is better the motors or chain?  I have one with the chain and it has worked like a champ. 

I have both the Merlins (with motors) and the G111s (chain drive) both have been great but I have had to replace the guide on one chain drive unit.  If the chain wanders it won't vend but given that this machine does about 800 vends a month, I guess I should cut it some slack.

1 ) Sure looks like a Coke asset tag along the top hinge side of the machine.

2 ) Sure looks like a Royal, either 660 or 804. The problem is that with Coke the doors look very similar whether it's Vendo or Royal. ( Or Dixie, I suppose. We don't see too many non-glassfront Dixies up here in the Pacific Northwest. ) 

I actually have a G3 that is practically identical to this so I am pretty sure it is a g3, if not a Merlin IV.  I also have  Merlin IV live display model and I PREFER the Merlin IV due to having 12 motors.  It's not that one operates better than the other, it's just that I have more peace-of-mind knowing that.. should one motor go out, the other 11 motors will still work.  If a motor/chain goes out on the G3, nothing works until you fix the problem.  I have heard that problems with the motor or the chain on G3 models is not very common though.  I haven't had a problem with my G3 except for a sticky rotor.  I sort of solved that problem by switching a can selection with a bottle selection.  The bottles seem to vend easier than the 12 ounce cans do for some odd reason.

I prefer a Merlin IV with 12 motors, but I would buy another G3 if the price was good.  To date, although I don't have a lot of Royals in my arsenal, the royals have given me very little trouble compared to Dixie Narco models.

thank you guys for the help!! unfortunately I was unable to see the machine today due to the fact that I had to travel 1/2 mile off the main roads to the factory where the machine was located and due to all the rain we've gotten lately my little family sedan couldn't make the cut to go through the rough terrain!

I have requested for up close pictures of the machine and serial tags before I will attemp to visit the machine again. Would hate to waste too much time on this if the machine is owned by coca cola

The chain drive on Royal's flagship is pretty decent. I have had to repair a surprisingly large number of links when something jams up, though. I stopped replacing the entire chain and started carrying around one chain that I now just pull links off of. It's actually been quite a while since the last time I had to repair one of them.

I don't think I would ever go to the trouble of replacing links only as that would require bending them to get them off the new chain and bending them to put them on the old chain.  The bending will weaken the link and guess where your next problem will be.  In my position of having to guarantee my work and parts, I would only install a complete chain.

I found out the unit WAS a coke asset machine but they have sent proof with a bill of sale that they bought the machine from coca cola a year ago

Very good - if it is a Royal, you can't go wrong,  They're the best which is why Coke buys them.

Archived