D.N. 276E bottle options

Randy 805

So I've acquired a CrossFit studio and they're requested a few specialty things, they previously sold them before so they do well apparently, the owner just doesn't want the hassle so they've outsourced selling drinks to me.

I put in a D.N. 276E model and they want a canned energy drink that's the same size as Red Bull 12 oz., is there a shim setup to be able to sell these size cans? Also requested was Muscle Milk and Zico Water which I've noticed come in plastic bottles, how should I or could I set up the machine to sell these?

ZICO PURE PREMIUM COCONUT WATER BOTTLE     ecblank.gif14OZ (414ML) PET USA 3000 ecblank.gif   ecblank.gif14OZ (414ML) PET USA 5000 ecblank.gif   ecblank.gif14OZ (414ML) PET USA 5800 BEVMAX 3 ecblank.gif   ecblank.gif14OZ (414ML) PET USA 5800 BEVMAX 4

http://dixie-narco.com/comSite/CustomerService/PackageSetups/tabid/164/Default.cfm

It appears as if the Zico water is difficult to vend.

I've vended in a couple gyms and found them to be a mixed bag. I know a guy who has had great success in them also, so mileage may vary. The two problems I have run into, especially in a situation where the gym use to sell them, is price and the gym selling them. I had one location where the gym was buying everything at Sams and then just selling it basically at cost. Then when I put in my machine, everyone was mad about the price increase. After awhile the gym started selling them again without telling me and the placement was a bust. Hopefully that won't be an issue for you, but it is something to watch out for. 

Another thing to keep in mind with gyms, there may be some non-traditional things you can put in there and make a nice margin on. In a boxing gym I had hand wraps, mouth guards, and little packs of pain killers and it not only had a solid margin but it filled coils where I would have wanted to put junk food but the account didn't want it (only so many protein bars you want to stock).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, they've settled on using a specific drink they want in the machine and the can size is the same as the Red Bull 12oz., how would I sell these in the D.N. 276E, is there a kit or will it work with the stock can shims?

Dixie Narco hasn't tested a 12 oz Red Bull so there's no official setup for it in any machine, even a Bevmax, so it might not work in your machine.  You should compare it's dimensions to a 12 oz can, an 8.4 oz Red Bull and a 16 oz can.  If the 12 oz Red Bull is a longer version of the 8.4 oz can then the 8.4 oz kit might work.  If it's a longer and thinner version of a 12 oz soda can then I don't know what to tell you.

The 12 oz Red Bull is same diameter as the 8.4, only a taller can. The Red Bull kits we use in our 276E will not allow that size can. Them left side spacer is made for the 8.4 oz can only..Not sure of Zico Water. Not familiar at all with that product.

Archived