rvcc 804-9 problem

rhelder

Hello everybody, thank for reading my post.

My name is Robin and i am a dutch dominos pizza franchisee.

A while back i purchased a second hand royal vendo 804-9 vending machine, which has a problem...

When i purchase a can or bottle, the machine thinks its empty while its not...

So on button 1 is row 1 , 2  and 3. i put in the money, select button 1, he gives me 1 can following by another can.

Then thinks it is empty and goes to row 2 and 3.

The machine was initialy set up to vend bottles, but this machine is capable of running cans and bottles.

The machine shows the same problem when i fill it with bottles in stead of cans...

Does this machine have a sensor which is not functioning or what else can it be??

Please help me, i am desperatly looking for the answer. I have contacted suppliers but they dont want to help me since i haven't bought it from them.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to the forum!  A new member from Holland - I don't know how many we've had from there.

Here is a link to the manual for your machine.  http://royalvendors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/giiimanual.pdf

There is an adjustment to the drop sensor on page 36, but I believe that if your machine was vending bottles prior to you getting it and that the machine has not been set up for the cans you're trying to vend now, that your problem is primarily a setup issue.  Once you get the setup correct, then test all your columns before determining if any adjustment of the drop sensor is needed.  There is a diagram on your inner door that vaguely shows how to adjust each column to vend small diameter cans and there will be some kind of a description in the manual.   I also recall that you have odd sizes of cans there - not 12 ounce cans like we have in the US, but rather 330 ml. cans which are .30 inch shorter, but the small package setup should still work for you.

Hello everybody, thank for reading my post.

My name is Robin and i am a dutch dominos pizza franchisee.

A while back i purchased a second hand royal vendo 804-9 vending machine, which has a problem...

When i purchase a can or bottle, the machine thinks its empty while its not...

So on button 1 is row 1 , 2  and 3. i put in the money, select button 1, he gives me 1 can following by another can.

Then thinks it is empty and goes to row 2 and 3.

The machine was initialy set up to vend bottles, but this machine is capable of running cans and bottles.

The machine shows the same problem when i fill it with bottles in stead of cans...

Does this machine have a sensor which is not functioning or what else can it be??

Please help me, i am desperatly looking for the answer. I have contacted suppliers but they dont want to help me since i haven't bought it from them.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Aside from the advise AZ has given, I'd check the chain drive.  If you are missing any guides it will allow the chain to wander thereby missing the vend dogs on some columns.  This will result in a faulty sold out message.  These machines are typically very reliable.

thank you very much for responding to my question.

We do have 330ml cans which are shorter. I have already checked the setup but it seems to be correct. (small size).

Ik will check it again this afternoon and if so check page 36.

Thanks!

thank you very much for responding to my question.

We do have 330ml cans which are shorter. I have already checked the setup but it seems to be correct. (small size).

Ik will check it again this afternoon and if so check page 36.

Thanks!

Also, make sure your STEP setting is correct.  With bottles it's normally set for 1 deep and cans will be 2 deep.  You need to go into the programming to change this which means you'll need to\he password. Here in the States it's 4231 and then 4 for enter.  1 is escape, 2 scrolls up and 3 scrolls down.  Each time you reach your desired setting you need to finish with 4 to enter it into the memory.

Your settings of the product stops look correct from your photo - and the machine looks pretty clean.  I think Moondog actually meant for you to check your depth setting by column within your programming.  That setting is under SDep.  For any column with only one product deep in it you want to tell the machine it's a setting of 1 or a Bottle setting.  If you have a column with two products deep then select a depth of 2 or Cans.

Yes it might be by selection, I can't remember that detail. When in front of a machine all the programming is there for me to move through, but when not in front of a machine I don't remember all the small details.

It's by button. SDEP programming, that is. 

The Original Poster said it was doing the excess vending with bottles and cans, so I'd look to the drop sensor adjustment on the board. And hope the LED on the board next to it isn't burned out. ( Because that makes the adjustment insane. )

How do i check the drop sensor?

Of the dozen or so of the Royals that I own, I've never had a drop sensor issue - Make sure that chain is not wandering.  I had to replace the black plastic guide on the right side of one of my 804's. If the chain wanders even slightly it will miss the vend dog that hangs down when that column is selected.

If you suspect the drop sensor is not set properly then you should set it back to the factory setting.  You need a small flat blade screwdriver to make the adjustment.  Locate the logic board and you will find the adjusting screw on the right edge of the logic board just above the two wire connectors on the right edge of the board.  There is the adjusting screw and a LED that will flash when a product hits the delivery chute and will be used for adjustment of the sensor.  Turn the adjusting screw clockwise until the LED is lit solid.  Now turn the adjusting screw counter clockwise from the point of the LED just barely going out, and then two more full turns. 

Now test the outside rear columns (7 and 12) which are the most sensitive to the drop sensor and see if your products drop properly.  Continue testing columns moving toward the center of the machine.  If you still get multiple vends from only one or two columns then you can make a 1/4 turn clockwise of the adjusting screw which will make the sensor more sensitive.  If you experience dry vends (no product) from one or two columns, then adjust the sensor 1/4 turn counter clockwise to make it less sensitive.  Never make and adjustment larger than 1/4 turn.

Have you performed the factory default of your drop sensor yet as I described before?  Does every selection in the machine multi vend and then show sold out?  If you've performed the default setting, then you need to inspect the entire length of the drop sensor cable from the sensor mounted to the bottom of the delivery chute up to the control board.  The cable will wind through the bottom of the door and you will have to make sure you don't confuse the drop sensor cable with the temperature sensor cable as they are both grey in color.  Any damage, cuts or abrasions of the cable can cause erratic operation of the sensor.  If the entire length of the cable is in good condition and the cable is properly plugged in to the control board, then I would say it needs a new sensor, but could also be a control board problem, too.  I doubt you have another machine like this so you won't be able to just swap control boards or drop sensors for testing purposes, so you will probably need to bite the bullet and order a drop sensor first.  I can ship one to you if needed; you will just need to PM me.

I have never adjusted a royal but I just adjusted a usi bottle. On the USI, the screw was TINY and located on a block about the size of a lego. My little screwdriver was too thick to fit into the slot and required something the width of a knife such as a razor. The royal might be similar.

Archived