soda machine vends more than 1 soda

Jimmy

These are cans, right? It would only make sense if it is cans.

As Chard said, check the cam. If you don't know how, I will try to help.

Inside the machine there is a shroud covering the vend motors. There should be a black plastic ring on top.

Unplug the machine first.

Pull the shroud off by pulling up in the ring so the holes in the shroud clear the two metal "pins" on either side of the top of the shroud.

After setting the shroud to the side, look at the problematic selection's motor. The plastic disc facing you is the cam. I think it has 4 or 5 holes (labeled with small numbers). You usually can't read what number it's currently in, but you can see which numbers it's not in.

If the problematic selection is column 2-9 , compare it to any other three-can-deep selections to see if the cam is properly set. If it's not, slightly pull the plastic cam so it clears the small tabs and turn it to the proper tab. ONLY TURN THE CAM.

If this seemed to be the problem, simply put the shroud back in, plug the machine in, and test the selection.

One other possibility, if this was a bottle column before then you have to change the shim inside the column to a can shim as well as add a rod and spring spacer inside the rotor.

If you need any parts for it you can PM me.

If this is a double column you might also check the black plastic shims that run on either side of the column near the bottom.  I'm not sure how many it should have, I believe at least to on either side.

I have had one shim come loose and fall down causing this exact type of problem.  You'll have to empty the column out and check the shims and reload the column.

Vending cans on double columns take 4 waffle shims or thin ones on each side or 2 thick ones on each side. Maked sure the notch is to the front or sold out paddle side. on both sides. Also make sure there are 6 notches on cam. If it had bottles the shims have to be replaced. Bottle shims are long rectangular and have no notch.  I think the inner door will have a description.

Archived