Vehicles

HotOiler3

Haha, neither is the transmission or suspension, and most likely the tires load rating.   But, all in all, I don't think it looks THAT dangerous.  Especially if he's only moving them across town and not up on the interstate or highway.

Still, I gotta hand it to those minivan guys, they get pretty creative.  

But, I honestly can't act like I never do anything dangerous on the roads, when I was first starting out in the oil field I used to drive a 1974 F-350 with a slide in camper with NO brakes whatsoever 140 miles to the yard at the beginning of every hitch and back home again on days off.... Never had any issues other than spreading deer across the highway...... I've done plenty of unsafe things and really have no room whatsoever to talk about a minivan towing such a small load.  

looks to me like the tongue weight is where it's supposed to be. Your only supposed to have 150-200lbs tongue weight and it doesn't look to be be V'd in the middle. I think it's setting right.  

I really don't want to get into all the technical specifics of the roles that suspension plays while towing.   I guarantee there's more than 200 lbs of tongue weight on that trailer.    Let's move on, I really don't like the way this is going.  I REALLY wish I knew how to put pictures on here, I'd show you guys my rigs. 

From the "Help" section...

Adding images...

Depending on where in the community you are posting your message at, you may be able to upload attachments to your message. There are two types of uploaders available: the default uploader and the flash uploader.

Default Uploader

The default uploader allows you to upload attachments one at a time. To begin, press the button. A box will appear for you to select the file on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file you want to upload.

If you change your mind, you can press the button and then choose a different file.

Once you have selected the file you want, press Attach the file.

If there are any errors uploading the file, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachment appear.

Flash Uploader

You can enable the flash uploader from your settings menu. When enabled, you will be able to easily upload more than one file at a time.

To start, press Click to Attach Files. A box will appear for you to select the file or files on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file or files you want to upload. You can select more than one file at a time by holding Ctrl (on Windows) or Command (on Mac) and click on the files.

Once you have selected your files and clicked "Open", they will begin uploading. If there are any errors uploading the files, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachments appear.

Managing Attachments

Regardless of which uploader you use, once the files are uploaded you will see them on your screen. By default, all attachments are added to the bottom of your message, however, you can add any attachment to a particular section of your post by pressing the "Add to Post" link.

If you wish to remove an attachment and have it not appear in your post, simply press the "Delete" link.

Lets try this, here's the one-ton vtli15.jpg

Perfect, looks like it worked, here's the F-150.  The bumper has been replaced by a standard chrome bumper and isn't all bent out and that, but otherwise looks the same 1LGWtQ.jpg

That looks dangerous.

The van is rated to tow 3500 lbs. It has the factory tow package. Transmission cooler, power-steering cooler.

I installed airbags on back. I upgraded brakes system.

Trailer weighs only 800 lbs.

I was pulling a 6' x 16' utility trailer, it weighed 1,800 lbs.

It gets 20+ mpg towing with machines on trailer.

It's all about dollars and cents!

My furthest machines is 45 miles away, and yes I used my mini van, to location.

cajun

The van is rated to tow 3500 lbs. It has the factory tow package. Transmission cooler, power-steering cooler.

I installed airbags on back. I upgraded brakes system.

Trailer weighs only 800 lbs.

I was pulling a 6' x 16' utility trailer, it weighed 1,800 lbs.

It gets 20+ mpg towing with machines on trailer.

It's all about dollars and cents!

My furthest machines is 45 miles away, and yes I used my mini van, to location.

cajun

And all of your product protected from the elements!

I do have a 2000 F150 extended cab 5.4, towing package. 

I started out vending using it to haul and fill my machines.

After two years, I decided to get a Astro van, couldn't find one to suit my needs, Honda odyssey was what I found.

No leather, no fancy display on dash, lots of room for my cold drinks and my boxes for machines.

Six disc cd player with eight speakers,

18 to 19 mpg in town, 25 mpg on highway.

In my favor, younger brother is a mechanic by trade.

I use his tools and his knowledge on my van and his shop. lol!

cajun 

You traded an F-150 for a Honda?   I'm not mad,  I'm just disappointed....

NO!

I would not give up my HOT ROD!

It has a built 5.4 in it with a 2500 stall,it is my play toy!

Along with my 1993 Mustang 5.0 coupe, 5 speed, roll cage, all tubular suspension, stroked 351 to 427 cubic inches.

Play toy.

Both parked until I decide for!

Like I said it is about dollars and cents, less gas you burn to run route more profit in pocket!

lol!

cajun

Archived