COIN MECH HELP

ADAME2M

I need a little help with this problem. I replace the coin mech on a machine because it was not taking coins. I replace it with a use coin mech that it was working at the moment. Now sometimes is not registering all the coins, I may put $0.75 cents and it only registers $0.50 cents. I talk to a mechanic and he is telling me that it could be the computer as he told me. My question do I try to upgrade the coin mech or do I try to change the computer. The coin mech is a TRC-6000

I need a little help with this problem. I replace the coin mech on a machine because it was not taking coins. I replace it with a use coin mech that it was working at the moment. Now sometimes is not registering all the coins, I may put $0.75 cents and it only registers $0.50 cents. I talk to a mechanic and he is telling me that it could be the computer as he told me. My question do I try to upgrade the coin mech or do I try to change the computer. The coin mech is a TRC-6000

That's a very reliable mech usually, but a coin mech is a lot cheaper than a new board - also easier to change out.  It sounds like the acceptor head is shot in that used coin mech.

Whoever told you that the logic board can cause intermittent coin acceptance is wrong. Your problem is in the coin mech and is possibly a loose or broken coil in the flight deck. If it accepts the coin but doesn't give credit then that can be a gate problem or an issue with the board inside the much. You need a rebuilt coin much.

PM me if you'd like a rebuilt exchange coin mech sent out.

The mechanic came by yesterday he exchange the board and still did the same problem. so he put my board back on. He took apart the coin mech, the coin mech had a screw stuck behind the circuit board. Everything is working correct now

The mechanic came by yesterday he exchange the board and still did the same problem. so he put my board back on. He took apart the coin mech, the coin mech had a screw stuck behind the circuit board. Everything is working correct now

AZVendor told you!!!  When a machine seems to be working fine EXCEPT that it doesn't register every coin like it should, that usually means it's just a coin mech problem.

When a machine seems to be working fine EXCEPT it doesn't register dollars properly, it's usually a bill acceptor problem (but it could be a coin mech problem too sometimes).

When a machine is doing all kinds of crazy things, it's a board problem.

Having a "problem" just means that something isn't working as it should.  It does not mean that something needs to be replaced necessarily.

Archived