vn2501 with single price machine

sphincorp

i'm trying to replace coinco with 2501, but flashes 2x... "disabled from mech"... which is a 9300.

then i tried testing it out on a machine with a working 2411, still flashed code 2.... Any reason for this??

i have tried another 2501 and got same results, any help is appreciated

i'm trying to replace coinco with 2501, but flashes 2x... "disabled from mech"... which is a 9300.

then i tried testing it out on a machine with a working 2411, still flashed code 2.... Any reason for this??

i have tried another 2501 and got same results, any help is appreciated

Is this machine a National 145/146?

You have to provide us with a model number of the machine.  There's only so much guessing we can do without that information.

Being disabled from mech can happen for a number of reasons but the most common reason is that the board has disabled the validator because the door is open (the door switch has to be "stopped" in some way to prevent this).  Otherwise, it could be that you have the wrong harness or some other things.

Give us a model number.

If it's a single price soda machine and you are connecting through only the 9 pin connector from the validator then you need to use either the long or short pulse setting on your switches.  You can also try the credit line setting.  Also, make sure that you have sufficient coins in your nickel tube or the validator will not be enabled.  Also, turn on the $ switch if you have a Coinco coin mech.

1 Is there product in the machine?

2 Does the machine work on coins?

3 Is there more than 12 of each coin in every tube of the coin mech?

4 Is the use correct change light lit?

5 What make and model  coin mech are you using?

6 What harness are you using to connect the BA to the mech?

If you cannot answer all the questions please post photos.

Walt 

Is this machine a National 145/146?

You have to provide us with a model number of the machine. There's only so much guessing we can do without that information.

Being disabled from mech can happen for a number of reasons but the most common reason is that the board has disabled the validator because the door is open (the door switch has to be "stopped" in some way to prevent this). Otherwise, it could be that you have the wrong harness or some other things.

Give us a model number.

I'm having issues reading lately.

think AZ, answered my question.... might be the $ switch, i will check....

machines are in service, full, working,single price, mechs are full... the one I'm trying to convert from Ba30 to vn2501 is has a 9300 coinco.

guess my question is ... is the 2501 programming the same as the 2411 or 2511, because I cant seem to get the 2501's to work with single price machines.   I did try other 2501 and get the same result 2xflash... dont think its the validators... thanx

The 2511 and 2501 are identical except for the bezel they were installed with. You can use a 2511 as a 2501 and visa versa.

I'm not sure about the 2411 and 2311 as the switch options may be different. I think they operate mostly the same though.

Just a piece of advice... I had a few coin mechs that did that to me after I swapped validators. I just had to swap the coin mech and I was fine. I think the coin mech was going out.

If it doesn't matter what validator you put on it and you don't get one to work then you either have a bad harness or a bad input to the coin mech.  If you post a photo of the harness we can figure out if it's correct for your application.

I failed to notice that you had an AE2501.

The AE2501 is designed for amusement   applications.

Yes the manual will say it will work in vending machines.

In the real world my luck has been 50% yes and 50% no.

Please show us your harness.

Walta

Archived