501E VN2700

I have a 501E with a Mars 2700 series validator that quit accepting ones, the light on the back is on and the validator pulls in the bill then spits it back out. Does anyone have any ideas of what to check? I don't hane a spare validator to try.

John

Is the light staying on solid or is it flashing. If it's flashing how many flashes. The photo eye's that read the bill could just be dirty. Take bill stacker off and than pull the accepter part out and flip it over. There should be a few small screws holding on the backing plate. Take those out and you than can get to the sensor's and clean them.  Put back togther and try again.

I have a 501E with a Mars 2700 series validator that quit accepting ones, the light on the back is on and the validator pulls in the bill then spits it back out. Does anyone have any ideas of what to check? I don't hane a spare validator to try.

John

The first thing I always check is my coin mech when a validator acts up (coin mechs cost less to replace) It does sound like the sensors are either bad or dirty since it's pulling the bill in which would eliminate bad motors or belts.  Usually when a coin mech is the problem the validator won't even accept the bill.

Does the machine vend fine on coins?  Does this happen to all selections and prices or only certain ones?  As others have said, pull the base out of the validator and use a clean soft cloth to wipe any dirt off the lower clear sensor housing, then use it to wipe the fixed sensors off in the upper housing above the part you pulled out.  That's the only cleaning you should do and DO NOT remove any screws or you could really mess it up.

Beyond that, the scenario you describe rules out the nickel tube sensor because the validator is enabled and pulls the bill in.  Because this is MDB, you need to ensure that the coin tube inventory is correct as far as the coin tube counts that the logic board sees.  Even though the tube sensors see the coin levels, MDB machines also count coins into the tubes and use those counts to determine if proper change can be paid out.  What you should do is power down, remove and empty your coin tubes, reinstall the mech and go into your TUBE FILL mode of the programming.  Follow those steps so that you can manually drop all the coins into the top of the coin mech which allows it to count and sort them.  

Does the machine vend fine on coins?  Does this happen to all selections and prices or only certain ones?  As others have said, pull the base out of the validator and use a clean soft cloth to wipe any dirt off the lower clear sensor housing, then use it to wipe the fixed sensors off in the upper housing above the part you pulled out.  That's the only cleaning you should do and DO NOT remove any screws or you could really mess it up.

Beyond that, the scenario you describe rules out the nickel tube sensor because the validator is enabled and pulls the bill in.  Because this is MDB, you need to ensure that the coin tube inventory is correct as far as the coin tube counts that the logic board sees.  Even though the tube sensors see the coin levels, MDB machines also count coins into the tubes and use those counts to determine if proper change can be paid out.  What you should do is power down, remove and empty your coin tubes, reinstall the mech and go into your TUBE FILL mode of the programming.  Follow those steps so that you can manually drop all the coins into the top of the coin mech which allows it to count and sort them.  

The machine works fine otherwise and the coin mech is full.

Thanks,

John

As long as the validator is clean, then there is nothing else really that you can do.  It probably needs serviced, could be the calibration, or the lower sensor board.  I've seen the lower board go out a lot on the 2700s.  PM me if you need a replacement or need yours serviced.

Basically it either needs cleaning or service. I have been using 2400's and 2600's for 20 years so not familiar with 2700's.

If they are the same you just lift the bar pull out the cartridge and clean the glass covering the sensors. You also clean the top glass covering the sensors in the opening you just pulled the cartridge out of.

The grooves on the cartridge need to be cleaned with a small hard brush. You would be surprised how the dust in these grooves can also cause this problem.

If you clean it good and still doesn't work then it needs service….It's as simple as that.

Archived