Machine Refurbishing

BBVendors

I'm thinking about refurbishing an old AP 6600 I picked up from one of our low volume accounts. As far as I can tell the operation of the machine is fine. It just needs a little cosmetic love and needs a validator. I would like to do away with the brown and redo the entire machine in black. I also want to install an LED bar inside the door as well. We have some of the old VFM3 validators I could put on but I would like to put something on it a little more up to date. Any suggestions or advice regarding the whole project would be greatly appreciated.

Hi John. I'm guessing you have about $160 give or take invested so far. Even after you add the cost of the validator and harness that's still not bad considering the potential amount of sales it will bring you. Do you have a potential location for it yet?

I love my AP6600's. I have a few that were refurbished by a friend that turned out really nice. He used a black plastic laminate on the door front  and repainted all the trim in silver. Another one is semi-gloss black on everything but the selection button plate and the lock. The one with the silver trim looks better but was WAY more work. The all black front was very easy with minimal masking. The silver trimmed one took a couple days while the all black one took a couple hours. The end result is that both are in good locations making money everday and look like modern vending machines. In the future, all refurbishing I do will be the all black style. I can knock out 4 in one day and get them back out with time left for doing something fun.

Excellent. I hope it's profitable for you John. Good luck!

Allen this would be my first attempt at a total refurb. It's something I can work on between service calls and between installs and pick ups. We have quite a few older model machines in our company and I'm just wanting to freshen up as many as I can. Your machines represent your company and I want mine to look as good as possible.

I hate it when people call a machine refurbish after they knock the dust them off.

A few things not on that list.

Fix any dents in cabinet.

Remove rusted legs levelers.

Paint cabinet.

Remove shelves clean waxy grease from shelves.

Inspect, repair and replace any damages parts.

Replace all scratched trim.

Disassemble delivery bin, clean and inspect each part, repair or replace any damaged parts.

About 20 to 40 man hours. 

Walta

I hate it when people call a machine refurbish after they knock the dust them off.

A few things not on that list.

Fix any dents in cabinet.

Remove rusted legs levelers.

Paint cabinet.

Remove shelves clean waxy grease from shelves.

Inspect, repair and replace any damages parts.

Replace all scratched trim.

Disassemble delivery bin, clean and inspect each part, repair or replace any damaged parts.

About 20 to 40 man hours.

Walta

As is, cleaned and working, refurbished, refurbished with upgrades. Those are what you can get.

Archived