Bevmax4 vs Royal Vender 500 vs Vue

CaptainMike

I have a new warehouse and am installing 3 new machines...what are your thoughts on the newest bevmax vs royal vs vendo dvue robotic arm glassfronts?

From what I see people tend to like the bevmaxs...I do like the FIFO capability of the Vue though.

I am also excited bc...no more shims/spacers!

I am about to pull the trigger on 5 or 6 machines for one spot (warehouse with office staff of about 200). I think we could maybe get away with 4 or 5, thoughts? They are basically a 24/7 operation...My take is if that is what they want give it to them, and if not needed move the extra machine somewhere else...Anyways, I think I am going with 2 new Crane (DN) 5800 bevmaxs too with the 7inch touch screens, 2 AMS snack, and 1 AMS combo with a reefer unit.

Down the road here I might do my first Micro Market...

I am about to pull the trigger on 5 or 6 machines for one spot (warehouse with office staff of about 200). I think we could maybe get away with 4 or 5, thoughts? They are basically a 24/7 operation...My take is if that is what they want give it to them, and if not needed move the extra machine somewhere else...Anyways, I think I am going with 2 new Crane (DN) 5800 bevmaxs too with the 7inch touch screens, 2 AMS snack, and 1 AMS combo with a reefer unit.

Down the road here I might do my first Micro Market...

With that many people, I'd consider a big Royal 804 or 768 for the most active location.  Note that a glassfront will only hold 400 drinks which might not get it in that location.  As for the combo, I'd pass on the refrigerated unit since it's probably going into the office break room which should have A/C.  The AMS Outsiders are built much more sturdy than the standard snack units - with warehouse workers in mind, you may want that extra strength.  Keep in mind that your typical blue collar worker will opt for Coke in cans as compared to some of the more exotic selections which are best sold in a glassfront.  Make sure you have at least one big workhorse machine that won't run dry all the time.

I've just started working with the new 5800-6, the ones with the touchscreen. So far, I'm not really impressed. The touchscreen is pretty unresponsive, and if you turn the machine off and on again it's almost five minutes to reboot.

5800-6 is the model number for the newest Bevmax.

I've just started working with the new 5800-6, the ones with the touchscreen. So far, I'm not really impressed. The touchscreen is pretty unresponsive, and if you turn the machine off and on again it's almost five minutes to reboot. 5800-6 is the model number for the newest Bevmax.

I have also noticed that the Crane Merchant Media snack machines take forever to reboot after a power up. I'm sure the new Bevmax uses the same media software so basically Crane can't handle the needed programming or they use low memory or slow processors in these machines. In any event, I was not impressed with the slow 5 min plus reboots. Not for $5000 and $7000 machines.

I have also noticed that the Crane Merchant Media snack machines take forever to reboot after a power up. I'm sure the new Bevmax uses the same media software so basically Crane can't handle the needed programming or they use low memory or slow processors in these machines. In any event, I was not impressed with the slow 5 min plus reboots. Not for $5000 and $7000 machines.

Yep, Merchant Media, too. Not sure they use the same software, though. Unless the UI is drastically different, but the underpinnings are the same. Add to the list the new Rubi coffee machine, it's way slow, too. ( But it's running Windows instead of Linux, so there's that. ) 

Yep, Merchant Media, too. Not sure they use the same software, though. Unless the UI is drastically different, but the underpinnings are the same. Add to the list the new Rubi coffee machine, it's way slow, too. ( But it's running Windows instead of Linux, so there's that. ) 

Whats wrong with linux?

anyway, what kind of crap does  crane use for their chip?

Even the sub $50 raspberry pi could whoop its golpher in boot time

Archived