healthy Vending

putrevus

Hi All,

First of all this forum is awesome and is so informative.

I am new to vending  business, my wife's  got interested healthy vending  initially and my home work led me to this forum.

I have been speaking to many of these so called healthy vending companies who are claiming their machine is best but what I found odd was none of these companies manufacture any machines yet they claim as if it is their own company which is manufacturing them.

The ROIs they are projecting on each machine is simply too low for a  $8000 per machine.Investing over 40K for five machines  to get maybe $500 per machine per month does not sound right.

None of these guys are taking wastage into account and talking as if these machine runs 365 days , how can a machine placed in school be projected  to operate whole year.

I have couple of questions what kind of machines are these guys selling. for eg health vending is selling their machines with 7 year warranty but after talking to them it sounded just like hogwash, I have a feeling anything happens to these machines I will be on my own.

I could get some help I would really appreciate.

How much are these machines really worth if I directly go and buy from manufacturer/distributors and  health vending machine a good option.

Location services how reliable are they and do they deliver on their promise.

Thanks a lot for all your input.

first... welcome to the forum if you haven't been welcomed already!!! Second...I and most on this forum wouldn't recommend buying into the healthy vending idea, I'm sure some have done it and done it successfully, but for every 1 who who is successful there are probably 10 or more who have failed. As you said, it is hogwash, they are simply applying graphics to machines that would probably cost $4000 and reselling them for $8000, you could do the same thing for 1/2 the price. One big problem with healthy snacks is that for the most part healthy snacks don't sell well. I have had several locations ask for me to put in a few healthy selections, but when i do, it just sits there week after week until i eventually have to throw it out because of expiration dates. I have  had good luck buying used equipment for $500 or less and getting them out there making money. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Welcome to the forum! Jerry's assessment is correct as to the true viability of healthy vending. Just the fact that you are already seeing through their smokescreen means that the red flags are popping up for you. It's great that you aren't falling for their glitz and glamour. Most of the healthy machines are unsupported import combo machines which you need to avoid, while some are made by American plants such as AMS and USI which do support their equipment. However all of them are grlossly overpriced for what you get.

While schools and many other locations are succumbing to the healthy craze and while it's a real segment of the business now, you would be much better off saving 1/2 of your money and doing health graphic wraps on used or new machines and then marketing them yourself.

I'd be curious which Healthy Vending companies you talked to?  I started with one, bought multiple machines, and still have not received some things I was promised.  I also received a 7 year warranty but haven't needed it... yet so who knows if it will be there when I do.  I will say they were good (but expensive) at finding locations.  It definitely takes the right location to make it work.  Any questions, I'll be glad to answer them for you.

Kevin

If you want to vend healthy, do it your self and save big.

decide what you want to sell, buy machines that can sell those items.

maybe get them vinyl wrapped so they are nice and pretty like those healthy machines.

poof, save a ton and get in the game.

Archived