Anyone seen one of these?

I was at a hotel for a convention planning meeting, and rounded the corner to see one of these:

1546097_10203531136856154_45287637147309

Now, it's pretty clearly a DN5591, but I've never seen snack shelves in one before. Is that some kind of standard option, and I've just somehow never managed to run across one in the wild before? Or, is it some kind of custom job?

That is a DN Entray machine.  They built them in versions with two or three drink shelves and once all the components are installed you can always add or subtract food shelves.  Some that you might find have been converted from Bevmax's.  Some distributors have converted them before as well as them coming from the factory this way.  It uses the MDB logic board with a special Eprom and an additional harness that plugs into the unused F shelf plug on the board (bet you always wondered why there were 6 plugs on the board).  Then each snack or candy shelf has a bracket to install that allows the food shelf to slide out for loading.  The food shelf harness goes to the shelf position plug on the board with an additional pigtail to the new harness on the empty F plug for the motor switches.  This machine also requires a new recovery unit (delivery bin) that has a mulit-sensor infrared vend sensor and a segmented product door so that light objects like chip bags can go through the delivery door.  I have only seen Entray machines with the newer single condenser cooling units so I don't know if could be done with a double condenser machine or not, though I don't see why it couldn't.

I was at a hotel for a convention planning meeting, and rounded the corner to see one of these:

1546097_10203531136856154_45287637147309

Now, it's pretty clearly a DN5591, but I've never seen snack shelves in one before. Is that some kind of standard option, and I've just somehow never managed to run across one in the wild before? Or, is it some kind of custom job?

Looks like it might be a golpher to service with that extra security strap on there - don't have that feature on my 5591  ;D

It’s not a bad deal as shown, great for chocolate.

The bad is when someone decided to put food in one. The flaw is that this machine can’t maintain its temperature below 45 consistently. Inevitably the health control gets turned off to keep it in service. This means the operator could easily kill someone should the power fail and the food spoil and it could sell after the power is restored.

The other problem can be the delivery baffle for this machine is changed so lighter items can exit. The new design is made of hard plastic and is often broken by falling bottles. When this happens the warm air from the condenser is allowed into the cold part of the machine.

Walta

Archived