USI - Drink Machines

kiwi

As far as I am a where the only USI drink machine that support dex are the CB500, CB700 series.

(I am unsure about their latest models)

I am wanting to know if it is possible to upgrade a CB300 (model 3179) to support dex... I remember seeing a advanced board replacement but am not sure if it was dex capable or not?

Cheers

I have not seen any information regarding DEX data in any USI manual.  If it's available in any CB300 it would only be in the 3501 or 3501a models with the GVC controller, but that manual doesn't even mention DEX either.

I have not seen any information regarding DEX data in any USI manual.  If it's available in any CB300 it would only be in the 3501 or 3501a models with the GVC controller, but that manual doesn't even mention DEX either.

Thanks Randy... that's what I was thinking regarding the newer summit series with the GV1 controllers but couldn't find any info in any of the manuals either.

I have seen them mentioning the dex data capabilities in their CB500 brochures but I may have to e-mail USI to find out if the 3179 is dex capable or not... where is Technivend (Bill) when you need him  ;D

Update..

I spoke with someone from vendnet who confirmed that the 3179 is not DEX capable... he actually went on to say that NO models were DEX capable apart from the recent models with the GVC controller

I am still wondering if there is a universal control board or an updated version of the MCB12 board as I have seen people mention that their machines that are DEX capable & I am sure that these were pre GVC models...  

Sorry Kiwi, but there are no aftermarket boards for the USI stuff. You might be thinking of a remote data port like the one that InOne Technology has. You could also try USA Technology, Apriva or any card reader company as some offer just remote data capabilities.

Sorry Kiwi, but there are no aftermarket boards for the USI stuff. You might be thinking of a remote data port like the one that InOne Technology has. You could also try USA Technology, Apriva or any card reader company as some offer just remote data capabilities.

• 5 months later...

attachicon.gifdex.jpg

Late to the party but for future reference this may help

Thanks for the info mate...

So I take it that it is fair to assume that the latest model (3505) Summit 300SA versions are DEX capable?

Actually the beverage machines (Summit 300 and Summit 500) use GVC1 boards but are dex capable. Not sure if they come with the harness or if it is an add on though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kinda, most USI machines are GVC2 with the exception of the beverage and the Geneva coffee. However, through other non-USI channels Wittern still has snacks with the GVC1 board.

GVC 2 = 2 line scrolling display.

GVC 1 = 1 line non scrolling display.

It gets a little more confusing as there are 3 GVC2 boards. In date order they are:

Green>Blue>Red.

You can use the newer board in the older machines but not the older board in newer machines. 

The bigger problem nowadays is technology obsoletes technology at such a rapid pace that trying to keep up is a full time job. Many components from all manufacturers are suffering this issue. What was buildable a few years ago may not be buildable today. 

I am not sure about the cb700, but if the board for the cb500 is the same, you need to order a harness from Wittern. It then plugs onto the board near the top right hand side. (Small black port-4wire). I think they are under $11/ea. just installed one last week. Pretty easy.

Yea I've got two cb700 I don't see anywhere to dex from, I know that board runs two diff machines the ten select n twelve select

But you have to change space to sales mode on them

The CB700 probably has the sm6 board as the vast majority of them came with that board. Is it an alpha numeric keypad?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda, most USI machines are GVC2 with the exception of the beverage and the Geneva coffee. However, through other non-USI channels Wittern still has snacks with the GVC1 board.

GVC 2 = 2 line scrolling display.

GVC 1 = 1 line non scrolling display.

It gets a little more confusing as there are 3 GVC2 boards. In date order they are:

Green>Blue>Red.

You can use the newer board in the older machines but not the older board in newer machines. 

Hi Bill.. can you explain the reason for this?

Are there are lot of improvements/differences between the Green>Blue>Red GVC2 boards?

Archived