Anybody using Air Vend?

cosvending

I like AirVend.  For the record, I have machines with USA Tech, VendScreen, and AirVend.  Of the three, AirVend is what I will continue to use going forward.  You get sales updates much more frequently that the others (maybe every 30 minutes).  I like it because you have the option to use the cell signal or wifi and you don't have to run a separate program on the back end (such as Vagabond or Vendsys) to handle reporting.

Customer service has been pretty good.  The only complaint I would have is that it seems they prefer to handle troubleshooting via a chat session.  Which is usually fine but there are times when you just need to talk to someone.  This may just be my experience though.

Kevin

Thanks, that's great info! I use InOne, and also I'm family with USA Tech. I'm thinking of moving away from both of them and trying Air Vend. What do they charge for the monthly fee? Last I talked to them, they said the fee was between 11.95 and 14.95. I'm not sure why the range, perhaps it depends on how many machines you have.

I have air vend in 2 of my machines. They use USA Tech for their back end and from what I've seen each sale appears on the USA Tech site about a half hour after the sale was completed. The sale can also be seen on the air vend site.

Their support is quick through email or by entering in a ticket through the site. I've called in a few times and when the queue has been long the system will call you when a rep is available. Longest I waited for a call back was 15m.

The air vend online system is pretty easy to use and the screen updates any changes in 15-30m. The system has the ability to send out coupons via text or email which is very cool if there was a missed vend, if you want to give someone a free drink, or if they want to setup a pre pay account through air vend. The person receives a text, email, or both, with a code and 2 Web Links. The code can be used on the air vend screen by typing it in, or it can use the built in camera to scan a QR code from the person's phone. The link to the QR code is provided in the same email and/or text with the coupon code. The person can even create a prepaid account and use the coupon code or QR code to vend items.

The only issue I have is my vending machines are older so the cash vends are not recorded in the air vend system, only coupon codes appear as a cash vend, meaning the inventory listing is not accurate. It isn't a deal breaker by any means but once I get newer machines I'll have the ability to know what stock in each machine is looking like.

The pricing per air vend unit goes down as you add more units to your account.

Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for all the info, that's very helpful!

Kevin, in regards to uploading. cash sales, does Air Vend do that on your machines, and if so, how often does it do it? Does it upload the cash sales every 30 minutes also or does it do it once per day, much like USA Tech does?

I have found that the Air Vend gives the biggest bang for the buck. For the record, at The Discount Vending Store we sell Air Vends on most of our new and refurbished vending machines for only $250 extra which is the same price as the USA eports. The Air Vend is great because it not only has the credit card reader capability, but the nutritional value info is great, especially on the healthy vending machines.  And the reports it gives you are Phenomenal, not tooo mention the coupons and promotions it can do. This small investment can really spice up an older machine and be a major source of competition with your competitors.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to use airvend as a self checkout kiosk by integrating a bill acceptor and card reader and mounting them to a stand/box?

Many kiosk companies want $7,000 plus 5% of all sales.  I can't justify paying that for something that is nothing more than a box with a touchscreen, card reader, and bill acceptor.

The only barrier for providing micro markets to smaller locations is the overpriced kiosks that are currently for sale.  There must be a way for operators to make their own payment kiosk for a reasonable price.

I'm about to install my first Air Vend to evaluate it. It's the smaller 5 inch model. It does have a USB port on the back, and I'm not sure what that's for. It seems like if it will integrate with the mdb on a vending machine, you should be able to get it to work with a bill acceptor. Or you might be able to use it as a stand alone and only accept credit cards. You would have to integrate a bar code scanner with it. You could call the engineers at Air Vend and see what they say.

Would it be possible to use airvend as a self checkout kiosk by integrating a bill acceptor and card reader and mounting them to a stand/box?

Many kiosk companies want $7,000 plus 5% of all sales.  I can't justify paying that for something that is nothing more than a box with a touchscreen, card reader, and bill acceptor.

The only barrier for providing micro markets to smaller locations is the overpriced kiosks that are currently for sale.  There must be a way for operators to make their own payment kiosk for a reasonable price.

PM our member Bronco for information on kiosks that he was developing for his own business.  Just remember that this is not a business that is cheap to get into and if you're a cheap vendor you won't last very long.  The rule "It takes money to make money" is very accurate for the vending industry.  Check out the October 2013 issue of Automatic Merchandiser magazine for comparisons of the various micro market suppliers.

• 1 year later...

I am a midwest company with about 50 machines.  I see that there has been favorable feedback on the Airvend product.  I have used it briefly and have mixed feelings.  The website is often very slow and not very intuitive.  It is difficult to navigate and the program offers very little aside from being able to make plan o grams and print refill reports which aren't always correct if your plan-o-gram changes.    The system gives you very little in terms of machine health.  It can't tell you about coin jams, power down etc----its just has a signal on or off. There is also no way of sorting by product and seeing what is selling in each machine.  The UI look pretty outdated as well.

I've changed my tune a little on AirVend since they were acquired by 365.  The biggest gripe I have is that they went from a 3 year warranty to a 1 year warranty.  Because of that, I'll probably use VendScreen w/ Parlevel more going forward.  The exceptions will probably be if I need to use wifi (Vendscreen doesn't have that) or if I am adding a machine to an account that already has AirVend.

VS and USA Tech both have 3 year warranties on new devices.

• 2 years later...
On 12/28/2018 at 8:39 AM, Dominic Javier said:

Hello,

Anybody selling used AirVend (preferably AV7 but 5 will be alright) in DFW area? Just need 1. How much?

Anybody knows who can repair one? Need to replace a broken unit.

I have an AV5 for sale, I use Nayax so want to stay consistent. If you have any questions please let me know.... Here is the link to the post: 

Archived