Coinco S75 Relay

I just recently joined this forum after I came across an older Pepsi vending machine for sale for a decent price so I couldn't pass it up.  I need a little help.  It has the older Coinco S75 I believe, and after I put in the correct change, there is no relay click or any noise.  I put all the motors in the valley since I read on here that that is one way to see if everything if functioning properly.  If there is no click, does that mean the coin mech is bad or the relay beside the Jones plug is bad?  ANY help would be much appreciated

post-10065-0-00664700-1427234284_thumb.jpg

Man, that's an old one. It's been too long for me. Two of the pins on the Jones plug, when shorted together, will signal the relay to allow a vend. ( We used to have a cable with a switch on it, for test vending purposes. ) I can't for the life of me remember which two pins, though. I'm sure another one of the old timers here will remember. 

Do play very close attention to the switches on the motors. If one of them is bad, it can prevent the entire machine from operating. In fact, see if you can trigger a motor to run by carefully pushing the switches on the motors. ( Those are 110v motors, so be very careful. )

I have pop in all 5 selections filled up past the sold out paddles. I can manually start all the motors by pressing down the levels past the valleys and once they atart, they all run their cycle until the pop falls. Also on the coin mech, the black lever at the bottom doesn't do anything when lifted up. Didn't know if it could all be related the relay beside the Jones plug?

If you have any single sold out paddle depressed that will enable the coin mech if all your motors are at home (long motor switch arm on the outer edge of each motor cam and every short motor switch arm in a notch in each cam). Actually I'm assuming that you have a DN or Vendo machine. You really need to post the model of the machine to get help with it.

If the coin mech still rejects all coins or they pass through it to the coin tubes or coin box without setting a credit on the credit relay then you probably have a bad coin mech. The S75 is ancient and needs to be retired. You can PM me for a replacement for it.

The only reason to keep an S75 in service is if you view your machine as a collectable item.

If you want it to work reliably as a vending machine, update the coin mech even if it is not the sores of your current problem.

I am not certain from your post when you inserted the correct change is it sent to the cash box or to the coin return cup?

Please be aware all coins should be rejected if there is no soda in the machine to press on one of the sold out paddles. 

Walta

It does sound like your coin mech is dead.  The best way to find out is to replace is with a current model of single price coin mech.  You can PM me if you need one for this.

There are several models from each manufacture that will fit your machine.

If you ever plan on adding a bill acceptor I would look for a CoinCo or 9360 If you like Mars a TRC6800 is a good choice. Look for one with a 12 pin plug in addition to your Jones plug.

If no BA 9340 or 6200

I think you should get one from AZ but this eBay link is option for price comparison.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coinco-coin-changer-9300-S-9340-S-9360-S-9370-S-for-Coke-or-Pepsi-machine-/251106623078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a771efe66

If you find our advice helpful please consider hovering over the “More” button and click on donate this will help to keep the lights on.

Walta

There are several models from each manufacture that will fit your machine.

If you ever plan on adding a bill acceptor I would look for a CoinCo or 9360 If you like Mars a TRC6800 is a good choice. Look for one with a 12 pin plug in addition to your Jones plug.

If no BA 9340 or 6200

I think you should get one from AZ but this eBay link is option for price comparison.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coinco-coin-changer-9300-S-9340-S-9360-S-9370-S-for-Coke-or-Pepsi-machine-/251106623078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a771efe66

If you find our advice helpful please consider hovering over the “More” button and click on donate this will help to keep the lights on.

Walta

Except that is has only be "cleaned and tested," not rebuilt.  You get what you pay for.

Clean and working coin mech with a 60 day warranty qualifies as rebuilt in a lot of shops.

I will understand if you don’t want to post your price to a public form, but your post makes me wonder what your price is.

I called my local supplier his price just happened to be the same at 89 + shipping.

Walta

Archived