Problem with one column in Royal 804 Drink Machine

So I found a new location for my drink machine. Everything tested out find except for one column. The problem I am having is with the drink machine (column 3) either getting jammed or not falling at all. All of my settings are set correctly, and column works as it should if I only have like 3-4 drinks loaded. Once I get above 3-4 drinks loaded is when the problem starts. This column is set up for bottles.

See video for more details.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/gallery/image/1925-column-problems-jams/

Maybe I'm looking at the video backwards and you have the camera facing the front of the machine, but it looks like the bottles are backwards. Caps go to the back in the back and to the front in the front

Also, not to nitpick but 804 is a coca cola machine and that's definitely a Mt dew you are vending.

Your column is jammed. There may be some gunk on the rotor. Something is physically preventing that column from turning. When it happened to my G3, royal was adament about a blockage. I don't know the best way to clean the rotor out.

From the video it does look like your front column is loaded with the cap to the back which is incorrect. Like Chris said, you could also have a gummed up vend mechanism from old soda or this column is actually set up (rod-wise) for cans. The chain pulls the dog twice indicating that the selection is programmed for bottles (two pulls) but it might still be physically set up for cans.

If it's gummed up with soda then water is the universal solvent.  If you can't hose the machine out then you can pour water from a bottle onto the inside end of the rotor and all the parts there and work them back and forth to clean as much syrup out as you can.

I went by location to check on machine and noticed now I have 3 columns that are getting stuck. These particular selections have drinks loaded in column and ready to vend inside product stop but just want fall and machine shows sold out. I will go back next week to take time out to clean the vend mech as.recommended. Keep in mind I was vending cans with machine when I had it at the last location for about a year without the column problems. Since I am now vending bottles, will I need to add in

anti bridge kit? I read this info in other posts about column jams.

I went by location to check on machine and noticed now I have 3 columns that are getting stuck. These particular selections have drinks loaded in column and ready to vend inside product stop but just want fall and machine shows sold out. I will go back next week to take time out to clean the vend mech as.recommended. Keep in mind I was vending cans with machine when I had it at the last location for about a year without the column problems. Since I am now vending bottles, will I need to add in

anti bridge kit? I read this info in other posts about column jams.

Make sure that your chain is not wandering.  Check the Allen screw on the black sprocket on the right side - it should be tight.

The anti-bridging kit is for when your bottles wedge together in the funnel above the rotor.  If they aren't doing that now then that's not the problem.  You can also remove your cans and watch the chain and the dogs as they pull on the vending pawls.  Without weight in the rotor it might not turn but you can safely reach up in there and see if it turns with little effort.  If it take a bit of effort then the rotor's pivots are gummed up or the sprag wheel behind the rotor is gummed up.

I think the chain is ok moondog.

AZ I know you stated to use water to clean vend mech but what about windex?

I have very little confidence in coincidences and find it strange that all of a sudden three columns don't work - which leads me to believe that all is not right with your chain drive

Ok, so I cheched the chain as moondog recommended and I cleaned the column vend mechs as AZ recommended. The chain was ok and the column vend mechs were not gummed up and I was able to move them by hand without a problem but I did clean them with windex as Recommended. The columns started to partially work after adjusting column by hand but would start to jam again. I rechecked my settings for vending bottles with product stop being in 1st hole for vending bottles and SDEP was set to 1 for vending bottles. With this in mind, I thought of trying o see if I could vend cans out of this column to see if it would do the same thing. WELL, after changing product stop and SDEP to can settings, the machine worked perfect without any jams what so ever. Overall, I don't know why bottles were getting jammed so I will be swapping to can for this location except for the columns that are currently working with bottles which is only 6 columns. The remaining 6 columns will be cans and I may switch to all cans once bottles sell out.

Here is the video of column from top view:

I watched the video. If you have product in the rotor will it not turn? I ask because without weight on the rotor it tends to not turn when testing an empty column. It doesn't look like it but are there any removable formed metal shims on the left side above the rotor? Those are an aid for narrow bottles and you won't need them for soda bottles. Otherwise I don't see any issues there. I also don't see why only the cans would vend but maybe this machine has thousands of vends on it and it's just worn out. You might also have a slightly stretched chain that causes the rabbit to not pull hard enough on the pawls. Just a thought.

When I have bottle soda in column it will sometimes turn and after a few test vends it will stop turning as in the first video posted as if column is hung up.

Seems as if machine has mind of its on since some columns will vend bottles just fine and others want. Good point it could be warn out chain.

You have what is called a broken "PIVOT". Order the assembly direct from Royal vendors....but you must call Royal vendors with your serial number and they will tell ya exactly what parts you need based on the serial numbers version, about a $20 dollar fix! Been there done that! Easy fix by the way! No swearing involved! You might want to order extra parts, these plastic parts due break!

Do you have 16.9, 20 or 24 Oz bottles in there?

I had something similar happen recently. Coke service tech sprayed the chain or something with food grade silicone spray and I haven't had any issues.

I had something similar happen recently. Coke service tech sprayed the chain or something with food grade silicone spray and I haven't had any issues.

Archived