Fuses in soda machines?

nrod7

At the part store, another vendor mentioned that the DN SII has 3 fuses.  Each fuse controls a function on the machine. 

What would are the symptoms for each fuse it was blown?  Also on the front of the board box there is a DN sticker.  I specifies the amperages, would

that be the amperage of each of the above fuses?

Today,  I worked on a machine with working lights and compressor.  However, the validator and the coin mech had no power.  It was a Dixie narco, with

a steel cable for the coin release, but it was not an DN 804.  It had a funky set up,  front and back loading columns like the DN 804, but had the "gate"

type doors like the DN 348.  Anyone know the model #?

I checked and changed the fuse, BAM!!.  Instant power to the coin mech and validator.  The validator still need to be swapped out.

Do all Dixie Narco machines (all brands?) have fuses.  Someone please give me some pointers on what to look for when the fuse is blown?

Respectfully,

nrod7

Only cold drink machines I know with front and back columns is a Royal.

All my Dixie Narco machines is single column.

As far as I can tell you single price can machines have no fuses.

Multi-price machines like Royal, Vendo, DN will have fuses in them.

To date I haven't changed a fuse in any of my multi-price machines.

Fuses are there to protect board from getting fried.

A burnt fuse is cheaper to replace than a board.

cajun

All controller machines have fuses or circuit breakers in them to protect the electronics.  DN had one fuse in the MPC machine, and the SII and SIID each had 3 fuses on the logic boards.  The most commonly blown fuse on those boards is the one that controls the 110v motor circuit. 

The machine you worked on is not a DN machine.  The cable pull coin return is only found on Royal machines that have a Center Door Changer (CDC) and all of those machines have front and back columns because they are all GIII machines.  By the way, they are nothing like a DN348 at all.  The fuse you replace probably blew because of the validator problem and could blow again because of it so you need to get it replaced.

Send me an email to rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a replacement unit.

All controller machines have fuses or circuit breakers in them to protect the electronics.  DN had one fuse in the MPC machine, and the SII and SIID each had 3 fuses on the logic boards.  The most commonly blown fuse on those boards is the one that controls the 110v motor circuit. 

The machine you worked on is not a DN machine.  The cable pull coin return is only found on Royal machines that have a Center Door Changer (CDC) and all of those machines have front and back columns because they are all GIII machines.  By the way, they are nothing like a DN348 at all.  The fuse you replace probably blew because of the validator problem and could blow again because of it so you need to get it replaced.

Send me an email to rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a replacement unit.

AZ, I have a few Royal merlyns that have the cable pull coin return?

Archived