Advice on drink machines needed

rjh914

I've got a potentially huge deal working with a local sports complex to provide vending machines at their location.  I'll need two machines.  One to vend 8.4 oz energy drinks and the other to vend a combination of Gatorade bottles, water and soda.  This leaves me with two questions:

1.  On the 8.4 oz machine:  If I can't find a good used machine already set up for 8.4oz sales, what type of normal soda machine and shim kit should I target to sell energy drinks?

2.  On the Gatorade, water, soda machine:  What type of machine would work best to vend this product selection?  It will need to be multi-price.

Thanks in advance!

If this truly is a really good deal (and you're sure that you'll make a lot of money at this location) then I recommend you get two late model Royals.  I personally really like the vendo v21 (621, 721, 821) but Royals are "more reliable" as a long-term investment and they are very refined machines.  I don't know what their latest model is other than the Royal 650 and GIII.  I believe the Royal 650 is the model with 10 motors while the GIII is a single motor with a chain.  Both work well but I prefer the model with 10 motors.

With the Royal, you shouldn't need any shims or much of anything else to vend the gatorade, water, or soda.  You usually need some kind of a kit for 8.4 oz drinks in almost any machine but I still believe the Royal may be the best solution.  It's possible that the v21 will have better capacity for 8.4 oz cans but I truly don't see how that would make that much of a difference because I think it would take an unusual location (abnormally unusual) to sell out of 8.4 oz energy drinks out of a dedicated machine.

Of course, a Dixie Narco 501-E is generally a very good choice, as are various other model bottle machines, but I don't know how experienced you are with vending and I just feel like Royals might be your best bet in this situation.  I would try to get two Vendo 721's but that's just me.

1. Every few months a red bull machine pops up on Craigslist here for a few hundred bucks. I usually have to search for "red bull" or "red bull machine". The people that have them typically aren't vendors and don't label vending machine.

2. I vend monsters, Gatorade and water out of DN 501E's. They do excellent. I have a handful of vendo's and haven't had any problems but I've never vended gatorades or monsters in them mainly because I haven't needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also get a glass front machine such as a Dixie Narco 5591. It will vend all those drinks you mentioned, And maybe you can get away with only one vending machine that way.

You can also get a glass front machine such as a Dixie Narco 5591. It will vend all those drinks you mentioned, And maybe you can get away with only one vending machine that way.

Everyone here has some good advice on this topic but I would subscribe to this option from RBE

1 BevMax = vend everything maybe no need for another machine.

Archived