US Vending Manufacturers

kiwi

Just wondering  (i'm bored) if there are any signs of any non US manufacturerd machines entering the US market. 

I have heard in the past of a few European & Chinese made machines making it across to your shores but most have been unsuccessful in the past. I thought maybe with crane being the dominant "new" machine suppliers that it may put pressure on companies like AMS, USI & Coinco/Royal to be able to keep up thus opening the door for companies like nwglobal, fas & sielaff to be able to enter your market.

Maybe this will never happen as you guys are very pro American made when it comes to buying vending equipment... just a thought on what direction the future of vending in US vending market might go in.

What are your thoughts?

30 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

There are some coffee vending machines imported from Italy and Canada, but no viable soft drink or snack machines.

Yes... I have seen those if your referring to the Cafection (Canada) & Necta nwglobalvending.com (Italy) which Vendors Exchange do thru veglobal.com 

I am not sure if anybody here has heard but I believe that Necta has broght a stake in Saeco so I am not sure whether saeco parts will soon be available thru vendors exchange. This will be good for people that purchased saeco sg200 machines thru canmax if it happens. 

58 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

no viable soft drink or snack machines.

The Europeans manly manufacturer combo machines... the only soft drink only (glassfront) machine that I can think of is the sinfonia.

They did use to sell a machine in the UK called the Otis 400 but it was only a rebranded royal vision.

There is little space in Europe- and that lead to a philosophy of compactness.

That philosophy leads to combos, which are less profitable compared to separate soda and snack machines.

Thus, we use US made equipment.

Also, I think that US equipment is just superior to any other nation's- we export plenty of equipment, but we import very little.

20 minutes ago, orsd said:

There is little space in Europe- and that lead to a philosophy of compactness.

That philosophy leads to combos, which are less profitable compared to separate soda and snack machines.

Thus, we use US made equipment.

Also, I think that US equipment is just superior to any other nation's- we export plenty of equipment, but we import very little.

I agree with all of your statements apart from where you say combo machines are NOT profitable. 

While in the US this statement is correct in other parts of the world this is not entirely true... I agree that stand alone machine are MORE profitable than combos because of their capacity but then you also have to figure in the extra cost for payment systems on both machines.

The space issue is definitely a selling point here as most break rooms are alot smaller than what you would probably find in the US.

Also... I think that the European built coffee machines are better suited to our office coffee market than the US made equipment.

But that's more to do with the kinda coffee people prefer here... I am not saying that your coffee equipment is not of a high quality.

Thanks for your input 

50 minutes ago, orsd said:

Also, I think that US equipment is just superior to any other nation

Just to make it clear... I also think that US equipment is far superior to anything else available.

15 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

Jofemar is made overseas and has had a distribution office in Miami FL for about 15 years.  Their machines use belts rather than coils.  I have looked at their equipment at trade shows but I don't know anyone using it in my area.   http://www.jofemarusa.com/

Yes... I forgot to mention them so thanks for pointing that out.

What are your thoughts on the Jofemar machines that you have seen at trade shows... did you like or dislike them?

I kinda like the design of doing away with coils but they don't seem to get very good reviews on this forum.

The only company that I can think of that use them in the US is one of the healthy vending franchises.

I have only seen their cigarette machines here... I  am unsure how popular they are in Europe.

They are interesting, I would like to play with one for a while, but I am not sure if they are compatible with MDB validators and changers for one thing, and don't want to have to start another line of repair parts... might be nice to be able to adjust for sizes on the fly and cut down on excess space to increase capacity, if it's easy enough.  I have never seen one on the used market and primarily buy new equipment from Crane when I have to have something new...

25 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

I am not sure if they are compatible with MDB validators and changers 

I am pretty sure that they are mdb compatible as they also design a coin mech & bill acceptor that I think is MDB.

I remember seeing an image of 2 of their machines  (without keypads) hooked up to a POS unit that I thought was pretty cool... kinda like a secure mini micromarket

Also... we use to have a jofemar tech on here who recommend using them but most of our TVF members weren't very accepting of jofemar machines.

I don't know whether this was because of their personal experience with jofemar equipment or just because of the fact that most non-US made machines don't have very good parts support.

Archived