Hopefully easy Dixie Narco 276 problem...

JDGravina

Vending machine newbie here. I'm a pinball guy, but LOVE the mechanics in this soda machine. I picked up a Dixie Narco 276 (NOT a 276E, makes is tough to Google things) on the cheap for about $50. Got it vending, got the refrigeration deck working. Now I just have one small problem. Sorry in advance that I don't know all the terminology. I'm learning quickly!

So 1 of the narrow columns (2 deep, but just 1 wide) is malfunctioning. Everything is working properly, but it just isn't quite turning far enough to vend the 1st can. So basically it skips, vends 2, skips, vends 2. When it skips the can is very close to coming out but it just doesn't turn quite enough.

I guess this is considered motor drifting? Is there an easy adjustment? Is it the brake? I haven't really figured the brake mechanism out.

Thanks in advance!

JD

If you have the same number of plastic shims in each side of the column and it's the same number as in your other wide columns then you probably have a bad motor that has skipped a tooth inside it's gearbox.  That would require a replacement motor.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a new motor.

Ok thanks! I'm on the road now but will work on it when I get back and let you know. Could I just change it to a one deep column and put 16.9 water bottles in there? Since it goes all the way around it wouldn't matter if the motor was a bit off? I appreciate the help!

You're missing the spacer.  On those older models, it's a very simple long metal piece with "wings" on it that slide into those notches that you can see in the photo.  It's very easy to install and adjust, you just need one!!  I don't know who would ever remove it.

20161221_154250.thumb.jpg.2f4a7d07414b81022cd11ab2e9ec8b02

Cams will look like this. Pull back on the tab (tab is on the left about 10 o'clock) turn until you have the desired number of open slots. In this picture,it is set to two deepbecause there are 2 slots (one on top and one on bottom). Make sure that the tab on the motor sets into the numbered hole (which is just a setting number, not necessarily the number of slots).

Also,if you are vending water,make sure the bottles are rigid or you'll end up with column jams. The bottle in your picture above looks like a cheap bottle from a grocery store and will almost certainly jam. 

Archived