snackshop 7000 bill validator (ardac)

PandJ

I have an old snackshop 7000 candy machine, I need to replace bill validator.  Ardac 1x224-0501.  The bill stacker (which is fine) is an ardac 48x268-1001.  What model can I use to make sure the electronics match up??  Thanks for the help.  

What you want to do is get an AP 7000 mei validator kit with the harness and the rest of the hardware. I think you need a compact bezel too. It's been a while since I've me one. You will do yourself and your customers a huge favor by taking that Ardac out and replacing the harness and the validator.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up, got the bill validator replaced and it is working great.  I found someone who provided a refurbished MEI VN2501u5E that he wired for me for the snackshop 7000 (thanks @lacanteen).  I didn't realize I had to remove the MBA unit and plug right into the mother board.  It worked like a charm.  Had to temporarily remove the coin changer to get bill accepter in and once in and coin changer replaced, I cannot pop off the bill stacker on back due to limited room, but is okay since I can open side door to access bills. I think this is with a compact bezzel attachment also, otherwise might have to move some things around and could get a little messy.  .   

Archived