Dixie Narco 600E Coins Not Going Properly Into Coin Mech

I got a frustrating situation where coins are not going through my Dixie Narco 600E properly.

I replaced the coin chute with a new one that I installed but I'm still having problems.

I noticed there are 4 snap holes which I snapped in correctly like the directions say.

I also purchased a refurbished CF-7512 with the BCC cassette.

It consists of 2 nickels, 2 dimes and 1 quarter.

So when the coins get inserted into the machine, sometimes the coins go in properly and half the times they don't.

Another words, sometimes the coins go into the coin mech into their designated spots. However, sometimes they instead go into the very front left side which is a long rectangular vertical hole.

I don't even know why the hole is there but it just seems useless.  I guess its just the physical design of the coin mech.

Anything I can do because I have no idea what's going on?

I know my coin mech is inserted properly into the machine so I don't see why there would be any trouble.

The coin mech does give out change properly if a purchase is made which is good.

I attached a pic if it helps.

Is this coin mech even compatable with this machine or do I need to somehow reprogram it?

I am pretty sure you can use all MDB in this machine. 

FLAC 7512.jpg

1 hour ago, vendman0729 said:

I also purchased a refurbished CF-7512 with the BCC cassette.

It consists of 2 nickels, 2 dimes and 1 quarter.

Just a start you have a BB cassette (written on the front of the mech, and matches your coin configuration.

So when the coins get inserted into the machine, sometimes the coins go in properly and half the times they don't.

This is the mech routing good coins to the correct tube, and rejecting coins it does not think are valid.

Another words, sometimes the coins go into the coin mech into their designated spots. However, sometimes they instead go into the very front left side which is a long rectangular vertical hole.

I don't even know why the hole is there but it just seems useless.  I guess its just the physical design of the coin mech.

The long rectangular slot is the reject coins slot. It's where coins that are not accepted are routed. They should drop through that slot, and end up in the change return cup. They should not register as far as meeting the purchase price of the product, just be returned to the customer.

Basically either you are using a batch of bad coins to test with, or the mech has a problem. It could be as simple as cleaning the coin path, or it could be the acceptor has lost it's tuning to some extent. I guess it depends on who 'refurbished' it (and if it was professionally refurbished it should have some warranty)

It sounds like you have an issue with things not assembled correctly or, more likely, poor tuning of the mech.  As falls said, if the coins going into the rectangular hole are counted and credited then you have a physical problem, if those coins are not counted and credited then you have a tuning problem that is rejecting a high number of coins.

Archived