DN 276 E

nrod7

I am Working with a DN 276 E.  Using Coinco mdb coin mech and Magpro 30.  

The unit will accept coins, but not dollar bills.

I did Replace the Magpro 30 (bill validator) twice with bill validators out of working machines. I am certain that the bill validator is not the issue.

I removed the control board cover.  Both fuses are intact.  However, under the fuses,  I notice a small plug-in (light tan in color circuit/fuse?) that looked "burnt" 

Would a bad control board be the cause of the bill validator not accepting bills?

What else should I check before. I replace the control board.

If, I replace the control board, are there any special instructions to be aware of?

Thanks, 

nrod7

Don't go crazy, bills will not be accepted if there is no change in the machine, it will accept change until it reaches minimum, then it will accept bills, $5 should be enough in all denominations combined

Thanks NYCandyman.  Not going crazy yet.  I did remember to fill the coin mech with change and product.  Also changed the coin mech to validator harness.

Respectfully,

nrod7

What do you mean when you say you changed the "coin mech to validator" harness?  Do you mean the MDB harness that's connected to the validator?  Regardless, try changing the coin mech.  If that doesn't work, it might be the board.  When you say it doesn't accept bills... does it not even try?  Did none of the validators ever try?  Are they simply disabled?  Changing the coin mech is the easiest next step.  About the only thing I can think of is that the coin mech thinks that it can't make change so it has disabled the validator.  Aside from that, the board is the next culprit assuming the harnesses are all good and you have connected them properly.  There's no card reader on this machine, correct?

The harness I  replaced  was the Coinco bill validator to MDB power harness cable.

The bill validator(s) did try to accept the bill.  The led indicator on the validator was not flashing, but was on steadily.

There is no card reader on this machine.

I will completely fill the coin mech today. and check all connections.

Thanks for the help.

nrod7

I changed out the control board.

At that point, the validator did not even try to accept the dollar bill.

WHAT THE HE** !!

What did I gain today? 

More knowledge, and extra control board and finding out that (two) recently rebuilt working validators are non-functioning.

I decided to try a Coinco BA30B & BAM!!  it worked.

What a relief. 

Thanks for all the feed back.

Respectfully,

nrod7

Archived