Coinco Mag50B

EastWest

I have a Coinco Mag 50B validator on a Royal GIII drink machine. The most expensive item in the machine is $2.50 but the validator will only accept a total of 2 dollars maximum and then will not accept any more bills. I have set the validator to accept up to $5 dollar bills but it rejects the $5 when I put it in... is this a problem with the validator or is the GIII telling the validator that it will not issue more than $2 in credit at a time? Any solutions?

There are a few things here.. I'm not too sure on the GIII but there may be some escrow setting ypu need to change so it stacks all of the bills.

Another thing is that the MAG might not be updated for new $5's.  If so, it will only accept older $5's prior to the 2008 $5's.

Make sure the coin mech is full so the machine knows it has enough change to give back for a $5 or something above $2.

I think a faulty coin mech can cause this kind of problem too.

That would be the latest version.  2008 was the year the new 5s became available. I guess my first(and easiest) idea would be to replace the coin mech and use the tube fill so the board knows there are enough coins to make change for the 5s.

Archived