AMS sensit 2 not cooling

Chard

The cooling fan for the compressor seized on the first cooling deck. Other than that everything was running fine. Had a brand new unit and inventory install it in the machine and it won't pull the temperature down at all.

Both the evaporator fan and the cooling fan run as a should you can hear the compressor kick on as it is supposed to the temperature is set to 42 degrees to get it to pull down. Yet it will never pull it down below 73 degrees F.

The only problem that I did notice was frosting right as a freon line goes into the evaporator.

I've included a photo.

Could it be low freon?

so........ if the line is frozen a bit that's fine, but if you see ice build up near the radiator, your in for a new compressor, or to fix one, it usually means you have a leak, no matter what you change, you have a leak, it doesn't happen over night, almost normal, either toss the machine, change the compressor, or have someone check for a leak, compressors are sealed systems, the only way itll stop cooling is if its really old, 25+ years or its got a leak, where the photo?

Geez candyman, enough with the doomsday news when something stops cooling.  It's probably just low on freon.  It may have been low for awhile but you couldn't tell because the machine never got warm enough for the compressor to not recover.  Now with the bad fan the machine got hot and the low freon condition shows it's true self.

Geez candyman, enough with the doomsday news when something stops cooling.  It's probably just low on freon.  It may have been low for awhile but you couldn't tell because the machine never got warm enough for the compressor to not recover.  Now with the bad fan the machine got hot and the low freon condition shows it's true self.

I apologize, I had to resize the photo.

Just to clarify, this is a picture of the brand new deck, right from AMS.

The frost buildup is after 5 minutes of running.  and it went all the way down to the where the coils were in the line.

20170829_183357.jpg

My money is on the evaporator fan door switch. The only way to be sure it's made is to remove the delivery bin deflector above the bin sensor on the hinge side (right with the door closed,). With this deflector removed and the door closed, you can see with the help of a flashlight, the actuator and the switch. Many times the actuator is missing the switch by a millimeter. 

I thought that side was actuated by the door itself?  The non hinge side has a small metal tab that actuates the door switch on the non-hinged  side but I did not see an actuator for the evaporator door switch on the hinged side. 

I did adjust the floor levelers before I installed the new deck

Archived