5591 bottles tipping over

dougncin

Those spacers are causing it. Your bottles have an odd shape so you can try the thinner 212-2.  Your bottles are skinny at the bottom but still 20 oz so they have to be shimmed like a 20 oz bottle. You might try it with no spacer at all.

On 10/7/2017 at 11:06 AM, AZVendor said:

Those spacers are causing it. Your bottles have an odd shape so you can try the thinner 212-2.  Your bottles are skinny at the bottom but still 20 oz so they have to be shimmed like a 20 oz bottle. You might try it with no spacer at all.

Too much space for no shim at all. Going to try different shims but see if helps. Slide is perfectly clean on both that I'm having trouble with. Going to switch bottles around see if I have same trouble in those slots.

thanks for help AZvendor/crunchydog/joe101us

After fighting this for a long time, I finally gave up on that shape bottle.  It is too top heavy and the bottom is far from flat.  It just cannot be reliably vended from a 5591.  Everytime you think you have the right answer with shims or pushers or whatever else you can come up with, you will show up to that picture.  I would switch to Crush in the 16.9oz bottle.  Sometimes you can even find Sunkist in a 16.9oz bottle.  Even if you have to source product somewhere different, it is worth it to not be constantly dealing with mis-vends and service calls.  Sorry, wish I had something more positive to say - but I spent about 6 months fighting this battle before giving up.

I can't imagine they care too much about how their cool new bottle shapes vend in 15 year old machines.  I haven't tried, but I assume these bottles would vend fine from stacker machines.  I don't have new model glass fronts so I can't say if the gates have changed enough to accomodate this bottle.

Archived